Someone who does Small CNC Jobs

Les_Garten

I have some Grado Aluminum headset blocks that I got from the guy in Malaysia.

I've been trying to find someone who will do a small job like this but have been unsuccessful so far.

I would like to get R and L milled into them with the square border areound the letters like on the Factory plastic blocks.

Anybody have any suggestion for someone who would do something like this?

10 hours ago, n_maher said:

I think it'd be more likely and would still look good, if you got them laser etched.  You'll probably have to pay an insane amount to get them milled.  The setup and breakdown time for each part is going to be significant and that time is $$.

laser engraving won't be that cheap either. typically, i have paid around $125 setup per artwork. using my own machine, it would probably take me about 2 hours to set up the artwork. there would also only be 1 shot at getting it right

the cheapest way might actually be to find a hand engraver

15 hours ago, n_maher said:

I think it'd be more likely and would still look good, if you got them laser etched.  You'll probably have to pay an insane amount to get them milled.  The setup and breakdown time for each part is going to be significant and that time is $$.

There is a local guy who has a Fiber laser that marks surgical instruments and said he would do it, I just thought it would look better with CNC milling.  I had a guy who sold his time on Ebay and he said there's about 3 hours setup/programming involved.  Not sure I have him nailed down or not, so was hoping one of you Gurus had a little CNC setup.

I suggested to the Malay guy he should offer this on his blocks.

5 hours ago, swt61 said:

No, he wants to mill them, not forge them. :P

Nobody here misses a trick!

4 hours ago, justin said:

laser engraving won't be that cheap either. typically, i have paid around $125 setup per artwork. using my own machine, it would probably take me about 2 hours to set up the artwork. there would also only be 1 shot at getting it right

the cheapest way might actually be to find a hand engraver

It would probably be worth a shot asking an Engraver how deep they can engrave, but I thought the milling would look better.

The Internet guy said he would set it up and cut a practice piece.  You're right, it won't be cheap.

6 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Not sure we should be helping you with a forgery.

Not really following you here.

It's a modification/improvement/bling thing.

P.S. --  Thanx for the ideas and input guys!

Edited by Les_Garten