moon audio recabled rs1's/gs1000

mjg

shoulda had drew send the cable to someplace with a vidar burn in machine an have that run for like days. like omg. the qables guy has one. maybe drew should get one. maybe ray should build a burn in machine and burn in those special hornet and tomahawk cap in for "800 hours" (yes 400 no longer cuts it) so maybe the return policy would actually be valid. maybe i should get some.

hey,

I'm still breaking them in on the minidac, my extreme is still in the mail I guess ( i really hope actually, he's taking forever!!). My initial impressions weren't so hot, yet i remembered with the senn sd i had years ago, not so hot either, yet after i guess about 60 hours of burn in, the high end smoothed out, and the detail really improved. The cans seem very fast, do drums awesome, and do have still a bit of edge (though they always did of course) towards the high end.

Midrange feels about the same. They probably like well over 100 hours, and I really need my amp to get here to really hear what they can do I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

yep, all broken in and nice, they are sweet as hell. I'll try to write out what i think of the combo over the weekend. So far though i gotta say it's the most dynamic and detailed setup I ever had. The extreme came back with a load of upgrades (a few i didn't even ask for!). The cans sounded sweet out of just the minidac, but out of the maxed out extreme it sounds like something else.