moon audio recabled rs1's/gs1000

mjg

Was wondering if anyone had experience with either? I'm getting my rs1's recabled with silver dragon. I had this cable on senns way back when and liked them alot. Was wondering if anyone had experience with a setup like this. Going to be using them with my extreme platinum, and microdac.

Mostly was motivated to do this since i like how my silver cabled hf1's sounded, and i know this cable is probably alot nicer then the headphile one (or atleast similar). I tend to like how my rs1's sound alot more recently, and thought it would be a step in a better direction (and fun atleast).

uh light up tha bomb cos here I com

its postjack got the remedy

dr green sticky got the cure for me

pimp tight

i'm so tight takin flight like a kite

when the wind blows

creepin in my timbos

most hoes know i'm out to get the loot

fuck bein your boyfriend girl i want to hit them boots

jump deep in that rump then i got a flat bitch

you should've known how a real n---- act

that's, why I be, about my P's and Q's

cos hoes end up being bad news

find em, fuck em, split em, forget em

let the hoe go so the next joe can hit em

real bout this playa shit suave came deeper than the ocean

lip on hay, hit me wit the potion, floatin

cloud nine is beneath me

n----s can't see postjack and MJ fuckin G

dope, like a cake, fake, n----s get the *pow!*

fuckin wit' the, *forgot the sounds/words here*

don't be the next one to get done and find

You can't fade a pimp in his own fuckin rhyme

:dance:

I just emailed Drew @ Moon Audio, and he said the recabling is actually done by Grado so that the warranty stays intact.

Then I asked John Grado if this was true, and he replied "don't be the next one to get done and find, you can't fade a pimp in his own fuckin rhyme" :o I was a little suprised at his vulgarity, but I think I understand what he was trying to tell me.

Wait, so basically you're saying Grado said "f' no" and Drew lied? That is messed up yo. :o

I know we're joking around, but I want to make it clear that I did NOT speak to John Grado in any way, and it certainly didn't quote an eightball and mjg song to me. That was a lie. :)

Maybe Biggie got his repaired because it is a relatively rare PS-1, not one of many RS-1s. Plus I've heard of specific problems with recabling wood Grados, since the cup is one piece and the adhesive is so strong (the reason I emailed drew with this question is because Larry at headphile refuses to recable RS-1s because of this difficulty)

I know we're joking around, but I want to make it clear that I did NOT speak to John Grado in any way, and it certainly didn't quote an eightball and mjg song to me. That was a lie. :)

Maybe Biggie got his repaired because it is a relatively rare PS-1, not one of many RS-1s. Plus I've heard of specific problems with recabling wood Grados, since the cup is one piece and the adhesive is so strong (the reason I emailed drew with this question is because Larry at headphile refuses to recable RS-1s because of this difficulty)

heh yea, but u know, if he breaks it, he doesnt have to go hard, or pay much for a new pair ; ). Thats why i feel confident in them recabling my pair. Anyway, Im sure larry is just covering his ass, i can't believe its such a big deal if yo know what your doing and take a part a 100 pairs. My pair was pretty old batch, the kind wear the pads would stick to the enamel on the inner cp and i had to scrape off a bowl pad and ruin it by taking it off (no number also, but had black headband)

anyway, stop trying to lie about your connectons with john grado. i know your trying to sell snow in front of his place, and we all think its amusing. Sell dusty some, it will help improve his self image. FYI I was MJG before that guy ever was.

anyway, stop trying to lie about your connectons with john grado. i know your trying to sell snow in front of his place, and we all think its amusing. Sell dusty some, it will help improve his self image. FYI I was MJG before that guy ever was.

no lie, i trap all day in b r double o k lyn tha planet. thats for real, no lie this time. trappin is how i get paid, how i got all this fly gear yall fools want but can't have, damn!!

• 1 month later...

finally got these thingies back, they breaking in and stuff.

someone explain why do cables need to break in? That seems retarded. Anyway, they sound more detailed, but not quite right just yet. Im gonna let them play all weekend off my minidac since my amp isnt back yet from mikhail. Do u guys think the volume level has anything to do with this break in voo doo?