Melos Tubes

postjack

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind, I saw your previous post. A lot of audiphiles tend to stockpile tubes. They also will let some go when money issues so demand. A retired person reducing a tube stash is not unusual, and probably one of the better ways to get NOS tubes these days.

Thanks for the info hirsch

son of a bitch. word to the wise, don't forget to delete your snipe when you decide you don't want to bid. now i'm stuck with these. oh well, maybe they'll sound okay. needless to say I'm not springing for the 7308 pqs now, as I just inadvertently shot my tube budget load. :)

That's not a bad price for Amperex 7308's, even if they are a later vintage. As long as they're real Amperex, you may have gotten a true bargain. It's all in the sound.

That large box of JAN Phillips 6922's posted earlier made me nauseous. One of the worst sounding tubes I've heard.

If you're going to shit tubes, don't squeeze too hard on the way out. If the glass breaks, you're going to be in serious pain.

That large box of JAN Phillips 6922's posted earlier made me nauseous. One of the worst sounding tubes I've heard.

No shit? Thats what were in the Melos when I bought it, and they sound substantially better then the Ei's I swapped out for them. :-[

But if they truly are a terrible tube, then I'm in for a treat when I get these new tubes in. :)

but seriously though I don't know what you mean when you say shit your own tubes. :)

Tyrion was being a fucking idiot as usual and clogging the board with lawyer-speak. I mentioned that you'd have a better chance of crapping out a TS Round-Plate (a rare and expensive 6SN7) than you would of getting a straight answer out of the dipshit. Hirsch noted that he'd have to check his toilet more often.

Tyrion was being a fucking idiot as usual and clogging the board with lawyer-speak. I mentioned that you'd have a better chance of crapping out a TS Round-Plate (a rare and expensive 6SN7) than you would of getting a straight answer out of the dipshit. Hirsch noted that he'd have to check his toilet more often.

ah, so that must be why JB needs all those amyls! :D

Hi !

I was looking at some fine Siemens CCa with D-getter from the 50s :

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCa-2x-Siemens-D-Getter-orig-Boxes-50-s-tubes_W0QQitemZ260143085624QQihZ016QQcategoryZ64629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But they were too expensive for me so I ended up buying some Valvo CCa white printings with D-getter and pinched waist from the 50s :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260142671337&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

Am I insane or these tubes will be awesome ?

>:D

Hi !

I was looking at some fine Siemens CCa with D-getter from the 50s :

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCa-2x-Siemens-D-Getter-orig-Boxes-50-s-tubes_W0QQitemZ260143085624QQihZ016QQcategoryZ64629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But they were too expensive for me so I ended up buying some Valvo CCa white printings with D-getter and pinched waist from the 50s :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260142671337&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

Am I insane or these tubes will be awesome ?

>:D

yes