BS Amazon e-mail?

qazwsx

Apparently this e-mail is fake, pretty interesting and I give the person who made this props. Very realistic.

Subj: Your Amazon Marketplace Account

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:04:44 +0300

----------------------------------------------------------------

Valued Amazon Member,

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the Amazon account by completing the following form or else your account will be suspended within 24 hours for investigations.

Never share your Amazon password to anyone!

Establish your proof of identity with ID Verify (free of charge) - an easy way to help others trust you as their trading partner. The process takes about 5 minutes to complete and involves updating your Amazon information. When you're successfully verified, you will receive an ID Verify icon in your feedback profile. Currently, the service is only available to residents of the United States,United Kingdom and U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.)

Your Confirmation code is : 2409

To update your Amazon records Click here

Regards,

Amazon.com, Inc

I always assume that any email asking me to confirm details is fake. If they really need it then they'll prompt me next time I visit their website. Besides, I'm sure they don't really need to confirm all my details anyway. Like Aerius I get similar emails claiming to be from Paypal but they aren't to the address I signed up to Paypal with.

As has been already said, they will always use your name, they will never ask you to confirm information, and usually some kind of threat is implicit (we'll shut down your account). pretty standard scam.

wow aerius, you have never used amazon? they get a huge chunk of my paycheck. i do 98% of my CD purchases from them, and lots of other random things too. Hell I did 100% of my christmas shopping at amazon for the past two years.

As has been already said, they will always use your name, they will never ask you to confirm information, and usually some kind of threat is implicit (we'll shut down your account). pretty standard scam.

Ah well, I should know better, I get spam all the time in my qazwsx e-mail. Hell yesterday I got a message from the president of Kraft Foods asking me to be a payment representive.

Ah well, I should know better, I get spam all the time in my qazwsx e-mail. Hell yesterday I got a message from the president of Kraft Foods asking me to be a payment representive.

lmao!

anyway, at least now you know. i kind of have a personal vendetta against online scammers, they are one of the few things in this world I can honestly say I hate. i hate honest people getting dicked by criminals.