Where's my ipod?!

hungrych

how was the headfive? i mean, obviously you sold it... i used to own an HA1-MKII, and i wouldn't mind having one again.

Well, it was the first headphone amp I ever owned or heard. The only cans I listened to out of it were the K701, the SR60, and iM716 (my one ill-fated trip into iems). So I'm not in much of a position to judge it. I can say I liked the HA-2 MKII SE, which I bought next, better, and I liked the PPX3 Slam a hell of a lot better then either of them.

It was a total gateway amp though. It added enough warmth and energy to the music to make me think "maybe there is something to this audio thing". I'd love to hear another one someday and see how it stacks up to what I've heard since then.

how was the headfive? i mean, obviously you sold it... i used to own an HA1-MKII, and i wouldn't mind having one again.

I spent about 3 months with an HA-1 MKII at work alongside a tricked out PIMETA and preferred the PIMETA by a fair margin. If you're ever wanting an amp like that again I'd see if you can't get MisterX to build you a PIMETA/Alien DAC combo. I seriously miss having that setup at work and will probably build another one like it one of these days.