Jump to content

stax mafia electrostatic portable


kevin gilmore
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have one more, maybe a stupid question - how are these four amplifiers connected - there is no phase inverter there and looking at the pcb I can see that the inputs in the channels are connected (?) - I'm tired of this matter and I can't sleep because of it - can you explain it to me ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 3:49 AM, HVRV said:

This is the latest design might look similar to Stax-D10 but the fact is different.

mmexport1642063748952.jpg

mmexport1642063746232.jpg

mmexport1642063744587.jpg

Why under cut a supposedly original design by making it look just like the SRM-D10? 

Seems to show a lack of confidence

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a certain idea - you could add a direct input for a balanced signal - my qudelix gives 4V rms in this mode - bypassing the potentiometer, which is not of high quality - anyway, it is unnecessary in this configuration because the gain control is taken over by the phone or the qudelix itself (of course it writes about my case)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, kevin gilmore said:

well there are 2 ways to do this.  instrumentation amp and inverting/non inverting.

pick one, they are roughly equivalent.

Nice joke :)

I simulated your schematic in topology from pcb and it does not work in any way  - only in single mode, not bridge. And I know it works to you - some "king of magic" :)

I always liked to check the circuit in the simulation before I did something - we have something in common :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

if you can't copy it now...

Thank's, but my problem is when I connect them single amp like on a kerry pcb together, the simulation does not work. And I can see that it works in real - maybe I'm doing something wrong in the simulation ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/17/2022 at 5:08 PM, yabba235 said:

Born in pain - no semiconductors on the market- but case is here !image.thumb.jpeg.0a8d1d1c50c7b6926425659610ad16db.jpeg

Introduction my portable estat with necessary modifications :)

looks great
what does it have inside and where can I get a similar \ buy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Made with double sided bread board.  HVPS (LT8365) are on the way from JPN.  

I planning to divide it into four and stack these in 2 or 4 layers, but I don't think it will be a size that can be called "portable" but I will try...   top.jpg.7b170df22f48106e7b98d96c8010b6eb.jpgbottom.jpg.b55bfa9ef7d9526bb9878c08410dcccd.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Inu said:

Made with double sided bread board.  HVPS (LT8365) are on the way from JPN.  

I planning to divide it into four and stack these in 2 or 4 layers, but I don't think it will be a size that can be called "portable" but I will try...   top.jpg.7b170df22f48106e7b98d96c8010b6eb.jpgbottom.jpg.b55bfa9ef7d9526bb9878c08410dcccd.jpg

As for your pcb board: You have  big cohones, dude :) !!

BTW:

Can you share the source of lt8365 chips in japan ? - I can order them there because only this is what I still need to finish the project.

 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also searched for the LT8365 but couldn't find a way to buy it as a part.

I can't wait until next year, so It's expensive, but I bought modules (boards). This is up to + or -280V, so I need to make few changes.

https://strawberry-linux.com/catalog/items?code=18365

This shop doesn't have an option to ship to the US, so I got help from a friend in JPN.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Inu said:

I also searched for the LT8365 but couldn't find a way to buy it as a part.

I can't wait until next year, so It's expensive, but I bought modules (boards). This is up to + or -280V, so I need to make few changes.

https://strawberry-linux.com/catalog/items?code=18365

This shop doesn't have an option to ship to the US, so I got help from a friend in JPN.


Can you have contact with him? I am also happy to buy these modules. I found them myself a few months ago ( find my post on diyaudio forum) but I have no friends in Japan.

Without these chips I will not finish this amplifier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 2:32 AM, yabba235 said:


Can you have contact with him? I am also happy to buy these modules. I found them myself a few months ago ( find my post on diyaudio forum) but I have no friends in Japan.

Without these chips I will not finish this amplifier.

Maybe you can try to use parcel forwarding service.

I am not living in US so I don't know which provider is better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.