Avantgarde Duo 2.1, vinyl, good music

deepak

There's some fusion (Miles, earlier Weather Report, some wierd japanese stuff) that I love, but unfortunately it was kind of a failed experiment... oh well.

There is some strange Japanese fusion, ie Yuji Ohno (and 70s Italian stuff that sounds like it's out of police chase movies) that is fun to listen to. I can't really stand Miles fusion though.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the musician. With a lot of musicians there's a different approach in the studio because the artist just has more control over everything, whether it be the production, multiple takes, or just working with more musicians. I don't really worry about whether something is live or not when I buy it, I also will just look it up on AMG and read up on the artist's best albums.

And I still love all the Miles fusion, especially Jack Johnson. O0

If I'm missing details on the recordings I'm listening to, I honestly don't care. When I listen critically, I'm pleased with the stuff I expect to be pleased by. The rest of the time, I listen to music because it's part of my life. With the money I'm willing to spend on audio, which is 10:1 music:gear, I'm more than happy with the quality I get. Listening to my recordings of gov't mule that I recorded myself with good mics, at 44/16, I am brought immediately back to the show. When I listen to rips from well recorded cds, I can place instruments, hear micro details, etc. So I'm satisfied. And honestly, I'd rather listen to a shitty recording of charlie parker, than anything Steve Hoffman has mastered anyway, so to me, it's not the details that matter, it's the magic in the music.

my sentiments exactly.