Bioshock makes me want an Xbox 360

deepak

anybody that thinks halo is repetitive didn't play the first one on legendary. The only repetative parts were the levels that heavily involved the flood. Now the halo two is a who other story.

I'm really looking forward to this falls videogame line up. Halo 3 mass effect, bioshock lost odyssey, time shift, assassin's creed and beautiful katamari.

anybody that thinks halo is repetitive didn't play the first one on legendary. The only repetative parts were the levels that heavily involved the flood. Now the halo two is a who other story.

I'm really looking forward to this falls videogame line up. Halo 3 mass effect, bioshock lost odyssey, time shift, assassin's creed and beautiful katamari.

I don't care how difficult legendary was (which by the way my roomate and I finished). It didn't change the fact that the level design was monotonous, with a total of less than 10 enemies in the entire game. Halo 2 was far too dull as well. Dual wielding was a nice gimmick for half the game.

So frustrating. Since it's the only game that has really interested me in a couple of years. And I know the 360 would start collecting dust when I finished it :mikey2:

Has anyone here played the demo?

You do realize its coming out for the PC as well right?

I did download the Bioshock demo and it blew my mind. I did have it on preorder before the hype started but after playing the demo I'd say it's the game I'm most looking forward to now. It's been a long time since a demo impressed me that much. I'm with jpak on Halo, and I won't be buying Halo 3. On 360 I'll probably pick up Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata but some of the upcoming PS3 games interest me more. I'll probably pick up the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed instead.

I"m not trying to get into an argument. I'm sure you guys have legit reasons for not liking halo but it just blows my mind that there are people out there that just didn't like it. To me not only is it the best console shooter out there but it is by a mile. Even after all these years I'll play assault on the control room in co-op mode.

I"m not trying to get into an argument. I'm sure you guys have legit reasons for not liking halo but it just blows my mind that there are people out there that just didn't like it. To me not only is it the best console shooter out there but it is by a mile. Even after all these years I'll play assault on the control room in co-op mode.

I mentioned this in the L3000 thread, but my friends and I did have a lot of fun with Halo 2 multiplayer and all the various game modes.

I just didn't think the single player was that great. Even doing co-op legendary runs. Saying it's the best console shooter is like pointing out the smartest kid on the shortbus ;)

Agreed.

If it's any consolation I tend not to like single player on console shooters in general so you could say I was predispositioned to dislike Halo. Everything I saw back when the game was going to be a Mac-only title never impressed me, and when Microsoft bought Bungie I was more concerned about the Myth and Marathon franchises that have unfortunately been left to rot. When I eventually saw and played the finished game on Xbox it still didn't grab me but I figured it was just me not liking the genre since a lot of my friends really liked it. Even when it comes to shooters on the PC it has to be something really great to hold my attention and some do manage it but I've yet to find any console shooter really pull me in. I still play most of the demos for them and I do play multiplayer on various shooters with other people so I'm not completely ignorant of what's out there or where they stand. They just as of yet have not managed to appeal to me.

At it's most bare form you could say Bioshock is a shooter too but I think given what I saw in the demo this statement diminishes how much depth the game has in other regards. The shooting part of Bioshock seems to be more of a means to an end rather than the point of the game and I think that's what makes the difference for me.

Starcraft_II_screenshot.jpg

Graphically it isn't absolutely cutting edge. I'm sure the spell effects will be nice.

The thing that might bog down a lot of peoples' computers is it looks like the food cap is back to 200 like OG Starcraft. That's a lot of units on the screen at any time.