Dungeons and Dragons

Sherwood

After being curious about the game for years but never knowing anyone who played, I finally found a group about six months ago and headed off to Wildemount.  I absolutely love this game.  Since then, I've started running my own games, all online (due to COVID and practical restrictions).

Any other dorks of this particular stripe on HC?

I don't play (once when I was a teen - so, 40 years ago). But, I did get caught up in watching Critical Role each week about 5 years ago. They are of course masters at character playing (making me laugh out loud, to sobbing). I have never really thought of diving into it these days. I am not really good at 'role playing', I have hard enough time playing the role of Mikey on a day to day bases. O0 :bottle:

Cool that you have found a group.

I used to DM a lot, maybe 15 years ago. Haven't done it since. DnD is basically all about the group you play it with. Get good people and it'll be great. Get a bunch of boring dorks and that's what it'll be. But learning to DM actually teaches a lot of writing and storytelling skills and isn't easy. I certainly was bad when I first started and it took years before I really learned.

I do miss it, but now everybody's got families, jobs, obligations, responsibilities... the time for a bunch of nerds gathering in basements is over. For better or worse.