How slow is SinglePower?

Elephas

I agree -- it should be the choice of the consumer whether or not they want to put with that. Personally, I am of the camp that they are worth it, but I also understand for example, Marc's frustration, since he's having other issues in addition to the wait time. I also agree that Mikhail can do a better job of estimating delivery times and following up, and should try to improve in that area -- and that doesn't mean build them faster (although that'd be nice, too), it means estimating less optimistically.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of his work myself but the promptness has been somewhat of an issue with SP lately.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on.

I had to wait 3 months for my Yamamoto HA-02 but was prepared for the wait based on forum feedback.

Similarly for a pair of Darth Beyer, as Larry said as much how long it would take on his website and via email communication.

These are for fairly stock items where the variables don't change much if at all. Thus my expectations were set at an appropriate level and I was happy when the items arrived roughly on schedule.

Not so with SinglePower. Firstly there are the continually over-optimistic time estimates. For any given deadline, I'd say triple or quadruple it, even if you follow it up on a weekly basis. Goodness knows how long it would take if you just left it up to fate. Some indefinable time between now and never.

I do agree with what others have said about the proposed ways SinglePower might be improved. The key, though, is being able to appropriately manage customer expectations. If, in addition to the pricelist, a timeframe could be attached to each option. For instance, a stock PPX, MPX3 or Extreme would take roughly 3 months. 5 months for Supra, 6-8 months for ES-1/SDS-XLR. Each option on top of stock will increase that lead time by 2 to 3 weeks, depending on complexity.

Yes, more people will be ordering stock units, but at least they'd not be continually phoning up and blowing their gaskets.

I'm over the 3 months mark waiting for an already maxed Supra XLR to be modified slightly.

Over 2 months waiting for an ES-1 to be diagnosed for upgrades. I haven't even decided on any upgrades yet.

The good news is these amps are at SinglePower in Colorado, so selling them to US-based people would be easier.

You think buying SinglePower is expensive? Try sending your SinglePower amps for upgrades and while you're waiting, buying a Zana Deux and HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE.

I'm betting the Zana Deux and BHSE will arrive first. An R10 versus your Qualia, any takers?