Yeah, bitches! Respect my dollar!

philodox

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but your high tax rate sucks!

Maybe this would be a good time to point out how roughly 47 million Americans don't have health insurance, and even those who do are often majorly fucked up the ass when they have to make hospital visits. And how your per capita cost of health insurance is over $6000 a year while we're under half that. Oh, and how medical expenses are the #1 cause of bankrupsies in the US.

Here's a hint, our tax dollars actually do something to benefit all citizens along with paying down our debt, yours just gets flushed down the drain in Iraq and funneled straight into the coffers of Halliburton, Exxon-Mobil, et al while the debt continues to skyrocket.

When people are really sick, can't find a cure, or want the best they usually come here because the US is considered to have some of the best, if not the best doctors, hospitals, and treatement centers in the world.

I bet the Canadian health care system is a nice step up from county around here, which isn't saying much.

When people are really sick, can't find a cure, or want the best they usually come here because the US is considered to have some of the best, if not the best doctors, hospitals, and treatement centers in the world.

I guess you haven't heard about Sick Kid's Hospital in Toronto. Generally acknowledged as the leading children's hospital in the world.

I guess you haven't heard about Sick Kid's Hospital in Toronto. Generally acknowledged as the leading children's hospital in the world.

there's always an exception--big deal..

I bet that hospital is using treatments and nearly everything else developed primarily in the US.

Maybe this would be a good time to point out how roughly 47 million Americans don't have health insurance, and even those who do are often majorly fucked up the ass when they have to make hospital visits. And how your per capita cost of health insurance is over $6000 a year while we're under half that. Oh, and how medical expenses are the #1 cause of bankrupsies in the US.

Here's a hint, our tax dollars actually do something to benefit all citizens along with paying down our debt, yours just gets flushed down the drain in Iraq and funneled straight into the coffers of Halliburton, Exxon-Mobil, et al while the debt continues to skyrocket.

Canadian free health care is worth what you pay for it. I'm ok with living in a society where you're responsible for your own well being. I can see why you're glad someone else looks after you...

As to the cost, even with relatively high medical costs over the last couple of years while we were living in alaska, I still paid significantly less for medical care (including the price of my insurance) than it'd cost me in additional taxes to live in canada. Then factor in the reduced wages in canada and we can just leave it as I am not looking to emigrate.

I bet the Canadian health care system is a nice step up from county around here, which isn't saying much.
You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

As for US hospitals being 'teh best', I'm sure some of them are. You've got a lot of people down there, and private businesses love to make money.

medical coverage doesn't suck here.
Unless I am missing something, you don't have medical coverage. ???

47 million US citizens without any medical coverage. Nearly 1/6 of your population. I suppose it doesn't suck compared to, I don't know, Nigeria?

lack of medical coverage doesn't necessary mean they go without medical care when needed. :-\

there are many health insurance companies offering many good plans some at very reasonable rates. People have options, one being not to have it.

As for US hospitals being 'teh best', I'm sure some of them are. You've got a lot of people down there, and private businesses love to make money.Unless I am missing something, you don't have medical coverage. ???

Unless the Canadian health care system has changed radically in the last 10 years it's nothing to write home about. My dad practiced in two Canadian provinces.

lack of medical coverage doesn't necessary mean they go without medical care when needed. :-\

there are many health insurance companies offering many good plans some at very reasonable rates. People have options, one being not to have it.

In soviet canada, hospital pays you.

Seriously tho, in the US, if you're sick, you can go to any hospital, and you're guaranteed treatment. And medical bills can't impact your credit standing. That said, it's a good thing that people are expected to pay for the services they receive. I think we need to go more towards MSAs and away from traditional coverage anyway. Make medicine more, rather than less, competitive.

Canadian free health care is worth what you pay for it. I'm ok with living in a society where you're responsible for your own well being. I can see why you're glad someone else looks after you...

The "Nanny State" argument, I was waiting for that one. You may be doing great right now, but shit happens in life, in 10 years you might have cancer and diabetes, your insurance company might just decide to drop you since you're now a liability to their profits. It can and it does happen, in fact it's a frequenct occurence in the US.

The "Nanny State" argument, I was waiting for that one. You may be doing great right now, but shit happens in life, in 10 years you might have cancer and diabetes, your insurance company might just decide to drop you since you're now a liability to their profits. It can and it does happen, in fact it's a frequenct occurence in the US.

Nice straw man. The "evil insurance company can drop you" argument. It may happen, but it's not "common".

Of course not. They shuttled to the nearest emergency ward when a treatable condition, such as an ulcer has degenerated to life-threatening levels. Patch'em up, kick'em out, and oh, here's a $100k bill you'll be paying for the rest of your life unless you declare bankruptcy.

And probably you've never been to county hospitals here--some are decent and some suck--i am sure similar in Canada.

As for US hospitals being 'teh best', I'm sure some of them are. You've got a lot of people down there, and private businesses love to make money.Unless I am missing something, you don't have medical coverage. ???

i bet, in general the US has more medical patents, better doctors, and hospitals than anywhere.

i've got really good health insurance.