Half Life 2: Portal

deepak

fuck this is available for PS3? we may be in trouble.

i'm really curious about TF2 as well

I remember reading an interview of the lead programer from valve and he talked about how the PS3 is a huge pain in the ass to program for. He really laid into sony for using technology that's expensive, untested and offers no long term benefits over older technology. It was sad to hear, I read it only a month after I bought a PS3. They're apparently having trouble getting HL orange box to run smoothly on the PS3.

I remember reading an interview of the lead programer from valve and he talked about how the PS3 is a huge pain in the ass to program for. He really laid into sony for using technology that's expensive, untested and offers no long term benefits over older technology. It was sad to hear, I read it only a month after I bought a PS3. They're apparently having trouble getting HL orange box to run smoothly on the PS3.

From interviews I've seen developers who worked on the PS2 think it's fine. Personally I don't trust Valve's opinion on the matter as the comments from their people always seem to be pushing an agenda of some sort. From a computer architecture point of view the PS3 is less radical than the PS2 was; it's only really the Cell chip that adds a degree of complexity. I'd take Valve's comments more seriously if id's John Carmack or Epic's Clifford Bleszinski put the boot in. Technically John Carmack has already said the PS3 is a pain to develop for but felt it did have some advantages when it came to performance.

I just beat HL2 and am blown away. I didn't like the first two levels when I played it the first time 3 years ago. I stuck through it and am glad that I did. The final levels where amazing. I'm not hooked on the story of HL2. I think I'll try and beat episode 1 tomorrow.

fudge, when I wrote "i'm not hooked on the story of HL2" I meant to write "i'm now hooked on the story of HL2". I love the story.

I agree that episode 1 wasn't very good. I started episode 2 last night but am not very far yet. I'm hoping it's good but from what I read it's also very short. The only think I've noticed so far that I like is that the flashlight is no longer connected to the aux power for sprinting and air.

I played it through and liked it very much. Too bad it was so short. The ending was great. Very recommended PC game definitely.

What I liked most was the background story it had. It reminded me of the movie Cube ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/ ). Anyone seen this movie and have same thoughts? :)

Big fan of Cube. Cube Zero and Hypercube are worth watching as well (though not nearly as good).

I played it through and liked it very much. Too bad it was so short. The ending was great. Very recommended PC game definitely.

What I liked most was the background story it had. It reminded me of the movie Cube ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/ ). Anyone seen this movie and have same thoughts? :)

Yeah, reminded me too of Cube.

But i only liked the first part, the others were soso.....

• 3 weeks later...