November NYC meet impressions

The Monkey

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come you guys are calling them 'HE90 clones'? Is it because they look a little like HE90's? I heard those headphones at the international. they sound pretty good! Not anything like the HE90's, but they sound nice and quite euphonic. As I remember, they were missing that sparkle and transparency, but did have a pleasant rounded off kind of sound. I was listening to them out of the HEV90 however at the time, and this could be part of the issue (or was it the Woo Audio... hmmm), either way. They may not have been getting all the juice they want.

Neil

How come you guys are calling them 'HE90 clones'?
Because that is what they are. They were reverse engineered from a pair of HE90s. As for why they sound different... maybe they didn't do a good job or they made changes that were detrimental or the different headband assembly creates a different fit.

How come you guys are calling them 'HE90 clones'? Is it because they look a little like HE90's? I heard those headphones at the international. they sound pretty good! Not anything like the HE90's, but they sound nice and quite euphonic. As I remember, they were missing that sparkle and transparency, but did have a pleasant rounded off kind of sound. I was listening to them out of the HEV90 however at the time, and this could be part of the issue (or was it the Woo Audio... hmmm), either way. They may not have been getting all the juice they want.

Neil

They also have been some changes cosmetically & sonicly since the international meet ,all for the better & some where listening though my Maxed ES-1 at the end of the Ny meet.They sound good but are not at the HE90 level,but neither is there price.

Based on the sound alone, what is different/worse?

I didn't listen that long to them at the meet,but they had sounded better then I have heard them before.

The He90s are more refined,bass is more detailed & tighter ,wider & deeper soundstage.But the clones at there price are no slouch.immtbiker has them in possesion since the meet & just posted some impressions in the Chifi meet impressions thread.

I just purchased this headphone. Feng has informed me that it will be ready and shipped from China ASAP. I remember meeting him at the international meet. I am curious to see how close to an HE90 it is.

Neil

Oh, so it is ready for order. Very cool; keep us up to date! :)