My Sprint PPC-6700 Phone is kaput.

Edwood

Ah fucking shit. I don't need this right now. It has been dropping calls like crazy, now it won't connect to the internet for more than a minute at a time, text messages don't work, I spent an hour on the phone with advanced tech support with Sprint, and even tried a hard reset, setting it back to factory defaults. No dice. Pretty much the antenna connection is physically fucked.

Upside of this is that it's an excuse to upgrade. The tech set me up with an Exchange service ticket, so I'll have to go to a Sprint store service center and see if I can just plop down $55 towards another phone. Since the 6700 is discontinued, I think I'll get either the HTC Touch or the Mogul. Unfortunately the Mogul's Bluetooth stack is gimped right now. But I really would like a real thumbboard rather than the iPhone-ish touch screen one in the Touch. But the Touch apparently has more RAM and Storage ROM. Decisions Decisions. I'll just have to play with them in the store and see/feel which one is right for me.

Either way, I'm going to miss my fugly brick 6700 and it's ability to tether at will with impunity. It will take 3rd party apps and hacking to get it to work with the Touch or Mogul.

-Ed

I wanted the Treo but it was a little rich for my blood so I got the Motorola Q. I've been very happy with it. Not a fancy as the Touch but functionality is great, and I really like having the full keyboard for using the planner and adding contacts on the fly.

I have a Q, and I'm not a big fan. But it'll do for now. And I pay $35 a month for unlimited data and 1200 minutes. So no complaints there.

Well, fuck me in the ass.

Sprint won't let me get the HTC Touch. They will only exchange for the 6800 Mogul, which is considered a direct replacement for th 6700 since it's been discontinued. Despite the HTC Touch actually being a cheaper product, they wouldn't let me exchange for a lower end item. ::)

So I guess I'll have to just buy a Touch on eBay and sell the 6800 on eBay as well.

Fucking retarded.

No, I've also had it confirmed by a co-worker -- when he had his Treo, he was constantly getting "you missed a call" when he never heard it ring, and dropped calls. As soon as he upgraded his phone, the problems went away. Also, I never had any problems before I upgraded to the Treo.

Also, I had it confirmed by someone who used to develop applications for Palm. Known problems. And you know it's bad, when the knowledge is so widespread that it trickles down to the developers.

My Dad's Treo 650 (GSM) had nothing but problems. Phone locked up all the time.

Besides, the only Palm I'd consider would be the 755, but the Palm OS is a dead end. It's too bad, I used a Palm all the way back since the original Palm Pilot. The only real competitor with a future to Windows Mobile is the Google Android, but it's nothing but vaporware now. We'll see.

-Ed

I have had absolutely zero problems with my treo. None what so ever. This si the first time I am able to say this after owning a phone for more than 6 months. I usually am looking for a new one by now, but I am in no hurry to get rid of my treo, its divine.

Congratulations on finally catching up to the 20th century and having a phone for more than 6 months.

Actually, dipshit.. you should get an iPhone next, and buy into getting a new product every season like getting new clothes following fellow fashion lemmings.

I'd think about an iPhone if it wasn't a piece of shit. My treo works wonderfully for everything I need.

And who is the dipshit? Its the 21st century. You are still stuck in the early 1900's.

I have had absolutely zero problems with my treo. None what so ever. This si the first time I am able to say this after owning a phone for more than 6 months. I usually am looking for a new one by now, but I am in no hurry to get rid of my treo, its divine.
Then by all means keep it and take excellent care of it. Mine was good at first, but deteriorated after only a month.

Baby that sucker -- you must have gotten one of the exceptional good ones. Now that I know they exist, I'm going to start complaining about my problems, perhaps I'll be able to invoke the lemon law and get another one.

Then by all means keep it and take excellent care of it. Mine was good at first, but deteriorated after only a month.

Baby that sucker -- you must have gotten one of the exceptional good ones. Now that I know they exist, I'm going to start complaining about my problems, perhaps I'll be able to invoke the lemon law and get another one.

Shit man, you paid for it!

I have had a few Windows Mobile Devices, and so far *knock on wood* my treo has been the best yet.

As much as I loved my Palm, I loved my 6700 even more.

My last Palm was a Sony Clie NX-80. I still have it even. But I can't make phone calls with it. Too bad Sony didn't stick with Palm and make a Palm/Sony Ericsson PDA phone. I would've stuck with Palm then.

But alas, my 6700 cellular radio died. It still works as a PDA, but I need that cellular radio working. Sprint couldn't fix it, and they will only replace it with the 6800 Mogul. Ugh. As much as I'd like to love that device, it's pretty buggy from what I have read in forums about it. So much so, there is a petition going and talks of class actions, and many are getting Sprint to take back the 6800 in return for the Sprint Touch.

So, I'll probably end up with the Touch. I like that it has twice the RAM as the 6800 Mogul. Oh, and being stable and having useable Bluetooth helps. I'll miss the physical thumb board, though.

I've been living with my 6800 Mogul for the past few days. So far I'm really liking it. I haven't used bluetooth, and won't until they fi the issues. Not a big deal. I'm slowly installing apps one at a time to make sure they don't cause problems, that way I can rule out the ones that cause problems.

The 6800 is significantly thinner than the 6700. And not having the antenna nub is funny, since I sometimes pick it up upside down. The LCD screen is just gorgeous. It's so insanely bright, I keep it at 50% and it's still very bright. There is a firmware update that is supposed to be released at the end of this month. So we'll see.

One thing that really sucks is the 6800 (and the Touch) doesn't have a standard 2.5mm headset jack. A dongle has to be used. Can't believe they couldn't fit one.

What made you decide on the 6800? Temp solution? I thought you said it was crap?

Sprint decided for me.

But alas, my 6700 cellular radio died. It still works as a PDA, but I need that cellular radio working. Sprint couldn't fix it, and they will only replace it with the 6800 Mogul. Ugh. As much as I'd like to love that device, it's pretty buggy from what I have read in forums about it.

I'm going to give the Touch a try, but as it stands, the 6800 Mogul is not crapping out on me like many other people are complaining about. It's been very rock solid and I've slowly been installing apps one at a time to see if they cause problems. So far no problems.

-Ed