The Headcase pico Lovefest: Post your impressions here

thrice

It is OK, people are entitled to their opinions.

Although I have no idea where some of you got the idea that I am some Huge Hamburger eating, milkshake drinking, bitch?

Guys, I am a size 14 - not a 20 and I have been losing weight on a program (WW). Plus, I got big boobs - so fuck you! :P

FYI: I try a lot of what seems like stupid stuff just for the sake of it :palm: - sometimes though - it does sound better than before. I just make sure that it is something that won't kill anything first. Yep - no dead equipment ----yet......

Ardvaark - What IEMs are you using - Cables and Source?

I have found that many headphones outs can be pretty noisy if you are using it portably that way.

There also may be a grounding thing going on because I notice nothing if I have something plugged into the input.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

picoleben.jpg

This is nothing new as it seems quite a number of people run the pico dac only...I've tried the pico dac (usb to PC) vs. 840c (redbook CD) both into the Leben. This is not so scientific, but doing my best to level match by ear and flacs of same CD, and Leben has input selector switch so I can go back and forth on the fly...

And I'm having a Crying Game/Soylent Green moment here - maybe 840c does details bit better, more an etched sound, but Pico does better bass and overall fulsome/smooth sound. I'm trying to calmly convince myself the 840c is better...but as someone else commented on the Pico on HF, "Justin's making a cracking product".