The Headcase pico Lovefest: Post your impressions here

thrice

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does that mean?

"...AT Amp: It is pretty muddy overall and when I listen to more complicated tracks, different guitars sound identical and the lower range like the kick drums and bass are more similar sounding. In hindsight, I realized I couldn't hear a lot of things with it. I don't think this amp is worthy enough to drive my headphones because it simply did the job of providing a DAC but has a horrible amp...

...ummm...I think he just explained right there...

Glad your enjoying it!

1/3 of a Hammond chassis at that :)

How you figure? Looks like 100% pure Hammond to me, just with some engraved panels where someone didn't even bother to have the engraving infilled. :palm::palm: Let's hope that picture is just a prototype, it is an absolute fail compared to their normal fit and finish.

How you figure? Looks like 100% pure Hammond to me, just with some engraved panels where someone didn't even bother to have the engraving infilled. :palm::palm: Let's hope that picture is just a prototype, it is an absolute fail compared to their normal fit and finish.

Yah - hopefully there is enough guts to qualify the pricetag. If its just a pcm2702 and an opamp buffer for the output than pretty much your looking at a $900 bithead

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if the Pico will have enough grunt to drive orthos (my newest best toys). They're a total fucker to drive but I still want a Pico. I'd buy one now If I could but I'm such an impatient ass I really hate waiting lists. Any of you lot have an old ortho to test with it?

I don't really believe in portable amps anyways. I've never really understood the obsession. Are people seriously bringing that shit to the gym or on their jogs or busting it out while they commute?

The only use case that's ever fit my needs is for plane rides... but otherwise barf.

Of course I only use my Pico as DAC anyways since it has a mod that lets me use the line in as a line out (Or as a line though I have to be careful using it as a line in and as a dac at the same time). It's pretty awesome as the DAC runs purely off usb and doesn't need battery power whatsoever.

Of course since I leave it feeding my office rig I don't really need it to be portable either.. except to marvel at its quality + tininess. The fact that it doesn't need to be plugged in or fed by battery is a big plus though.