X Japan and Boris

grawk

??? Beside what others have already said, I can't imagine any parallel universe where seeing X is worth that much $. I find X's music quite bland and forgettable.

X is the seminal punk band from los angeles in the early 80s. X Japan is the insipid band in question.

Awman, I was hoping it'd be super awesome cool. But I'm guessing you're not so big a fan of PINK, so I'll go hear for myself. ;)

I really like Pink. But Rainbow is my favorite Boris album because Kurihara rules.

Heres the album art for their new album. I'll upload a few tracks if you can't find it

borissmileeg8.jpg

I really like Pink. But Rainbow is my favorite Boris album because Kurihara rules.

Heres the album art for their new album. I'll upload a few tracks if you can't find it

borissmileeg8.jpg

I haven't been able to really enjoy Rainbow more than their other offerings, but I've only listened to it a few times and my other friend said it's growing on him too.

My school network *just* opened up the internet tubes to whatever you like last night, so I kicked torrenting off with the new BORIS. :dance:

I haven't been able to really enjoy Rainbow more than their other offerings, but I've only listened to it a few times and my other friend said it's growing on him too.

My school network *just* opened up the internet tubes to whatever you like last night, so I kicked torrenting off with the new BORIS. :dance:

Cool. I'll give the new album Smile a few more spins. I guess my initial reaction was mostly negative since the album is really loud (very similar to the noise version of Vein if you've heard that one) and I was tired.

Cool. I'll give the new album Smile a few more spins. I guess my initial reaction was mostly negative since the album is really loud (very similar to the noise version of Vein if you've heard that one) and I was tired.

Yeah, I noticed the loudness right off the bat when the vocals were cracking. :rofl:

I can't say I'm too impressed with Smile so far; my posts look like I've been enjoying it, huh. :P

PS Thanks grawk

Must must listen to X!!!

We have very different tastes. I got Super Band Band Band in last year's head-fi X-mas exchange. I thought it was booooring.

That's because there are so many other options in other languages, especially english. But when it comes to Chinese... your options are VERY limited, and Beyond is the creme of the crop at the time.

I agree.

If you want a song that defines X Japan. The SAW IV movie theme.

This is ripped from the end of the SAW IV dvd I believe so there should be a tiny part of SAW IV's scenes in it =\

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Q25w9si0]YouTube - X Japan I.V. Music Video Saw IV[/ame]

Haha, when they were filming this music video for SAW, there were a lot of fans at the bottom of the building because this is X Japan's first public performance in 10 years.

What I like about this song is that it slowly builds up, then at the end the piano part comes in and the whole feeling of the song changes.

I discovered X Japan at first I didn't like them much but the way the song uses the piano, and orchestral parts in is good.

X Japan is fairly good; Art of Life is great.

But more importantly, NEW BORIS ALBUM IS FLOATING AROUND. :kitty:

Yay new band name, I'll go look Boris up.

Indeed, Art of Life is good but it is so long! I heard IV was supposed to be an orchestral piece by Yoshiki but they had to shorten it for the music + change for X to play.

Btw, I'm getting confused since we're talking about 3 bands here but I'll clear it up.

X Japan was called "X" in Japan as well, but when they planned to go international, they changed their name to X Japan so it would've get mixed up with the LA band with the same name.