Ripserver

ojnihs

Not sure if we've discussed this, or even if this is the right sub-forum to post this in, but this looked semi-interesting.

Ripserver

$1388 is pretty pricey. A mac mini + a 1tb time capsule is significantly cheaper than that, and would be significantly more functional :). Or a mac mini, a 1tb ministack drive to go on top of it, and an apogee duet.

$1388 is pretty pricey. A mac mini + a 1tb time capsule is significantly cheaper than that, and would be significantly more functional :). Or a mac mini, a 1tb ministack drive to go on top of it, and an apogee duet.

how are those ministack drives? do you have one?

how are those ministack drives? do you have one?

I'm still thinking about it. Reviews are mixed. Some people love them, some have problems.

I'm either gonna wait til 500gb internal drives are available, get an uglier 1tb external, or a 1tb ministack v2.

I'm still thinking about it. Reviews are mixed. Some people love them, some have problems.

I'm either gonna wait til 500gb internal drives are available, get an uglier 1tb external, or a 1tb ministack v2.

well, the nice thing about the ministack is definitely the fact that it stacks with the mac mini. any complaints of the drive being noisy?