So if the HFI-780 and D2000 are trashed, what's left?

RedSky

Guest DogFish

Haha, whatever... that makes absolutely no sense. YOU can only determine what YOU like based on auditioning gear. Hell, someone could have had bacon for breakfast on a particular morning completely effecting their 'treble' detection... that's good enough for you? Well, glad you're able to 'gleen' your information that way.. have it! You like it; I love it! 8)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, whatever... that makes absolutely no sense. YOU can only determine what YOU like based on auditioning gear. Hell, someone could have had bacon for breakfast on a particular morning completely effecting their 'treble' detection... that's good enough for you? Well, glad you're able to 'gleen' your information that way.. have it! You like it; I love it! 8)

If you need to make fun of one misspelled word to bolster your point, your point must be really weak.

Guest DogFish

If you need to make fun of one misspelled word to bolster your point, your point must be really weak.

*sigh* nevermind... I see the whole point was\is blatantly missed. Do whatever is good enough for your budget.

Guest DogFish

I agree that the point was missed, just not by whom you think it was.

You're entitled to your, skewed, opinion... ;) Look, I'm not trying to waste energy or time debating a non-issue with you. It would behoove us both to... move on..

Well, I just got back. The 780s weren't there. Miguel had loaned them out and UPS was supposed to deliver them yesterday, but didn't, so I won't know if what he saying is true. I did, however, relisten to the 2500s, on which he had done some version of the Fitz mod, and I still really liked some things about them and wished I could like more, but the highs, though tamed, still had a sound as if the edges of notes had been cut with a corrugated knife. Not nice. The other headphones at the meet pleased me more (modded K340, HD600/Equinox, K501/RAL, K240DF, ESW9), though I didn't like the 501s much either (never really have).

Slwiser, I don't think I vilified the 780s, and I've spoken out more against them than anyone here. I really didn't like them at all and said that. Vilification has a connotation of purposeful abuse that isn't true. I don't think I've done that.

DogFish, what's up your behind? You're acting as if not liking the 780s is somehow an attack on your integrity or something actually valuable. I don't get it. I agree with you to some extent that you can't really tell what you'll like from others' recommendations (slwiser and I both like the ESW9s and the Yammy, but have very different opinions on the 780s). On the other hand, with most folks I know well, and know their gear and also their opinions on things well, I can often tell whether I'm going to like something or not simply because we have the same tastes or a very different take on things.

To suggest that Vicki and I (and the many others that dislike ultrasone headphones) don't like it because of what we had for breakfast is absurd. To my ears, the ultrasones sound like they should sound good, except that they don't sound like what I know is in the recording. A large percentage of what I listen to I did the recording. I'm not a fan of the Edition9, they sound wrong. I'm not going to bother with them any farther, because I don't like what they do to the sound.

Guest DogFish

To suggest that Vicki and I (and the many others that dislike ultrasone headphones) don't like it because of what we had for breakfast is absurd. To my ears, the ultrasones sound like they should sound good, except that they don't sound like what I know is in the recording. A large percentage of what I listen to I did the recording. I'm not a fan of the Edition9, they sound wrong. I'm not going to bother with them any farther, because I don't like what they do to the sound.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion... I could care less who likes it or not, and it's not my mission in life to "convert" people to the ultrasone camp.

Regarding food and it's effects, it's not so far fetched, do more reading and you'll find out.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion... I could care less who likes it or not, and it's not my mission in life to "convert" people to the ultrasone camp.

Then why the fuck are you on a personal crusade to push Ultrasones on everyone?

Guest DogFish

Then why the fuck are you on a personal crusade to push Ultrasones on everyone?

Where have you seen me push them on anyone? Show me the post.. please.. It seems the comprehension level here is very low, do I need to dumb it down, more for you?

Where have you seen me push them on anyone? Show me the post.. please.. It seems the comprehension level here is very low, do I need to dumb it down, more for you?

No, you need to improve your communication skills. It's the responsibility of the communicater to communicate to the audience. You're failing miserably at it.

I'll give you one hint though. Demeaning your audience usually communicates something other than what you are trying to get across.

Regarding food and it's effects, it's not so far fetched, do more reading and you'll find out.

Then what's with the attitude? Since I owned the 2500s, I doubt any meal influenced my opinion, and to suggest that is ridiculous. If you threw a couple mehs and words in all caps in your sentences, I would swear you were oicdn.

Guest DogFish

Then what's with the attitude? Since I owned the 2500s, I doubt any meal influenced my opinion, and to suggest that is ridiculous. If you threw a couple mehs and words in all caps in your sentences, I would swear you were oicdn.

Really for me to go into the meal theory would derail this thread..lol. Vicki, I've noticed your posts for over a year stating you dont like their sound signature, and I understand and respect that. You dont like them, no matter what mod was done to them.

Every post by you in this thread can be summed up as "you must hear ultrasones with you own ears, go hear ultrasones", nevermind that most of us don't care to hear them. Some of us have tried them and hated them, others have better things to do with their time than listen to headphones which are not very well liked by well-respected members. And that's not even getting into your piss-poor attitude and communication skills. Why the fuck should we listen to someone comes across as a 14 year-old jackass?

Guest DogFish

Every post by you in this thread can be summed up as "you must hear ultrasones with you own ears, go hear ultrasones", nevermind that most of us don't care to hear them. Some of us have tried them and hated them, others have better things to do with their time than listen to headphones which are not very well liked by well-respected members. And that's not even getting into your piss-poor attitude and communication skills. Why the fuck should we listen to someone comes across as a 14 year-old jackass?

Like I said, I don't give a fuck what you like or listen to... That's the sum of my posts. You would have 'gleened' that if you understood the fuckin language, asswipe.

Like I said, I don't give a fuck what you like or listen to... That's the sum of my posts. You would have 'gleened' that if you understood the fuckin language, asswipe.

Bullshit. Maybe you'd like to explain why every single one of your posts is in a thread relating to Ultrasones.

I also agree that a headphone purchase should be based off of an audition, and not hearsay, and if you'll re-read my post you'll see that. I do however think I can get a general idea of what a phone may sound like from listening to the comments of the people I've come to trust. At least enough of an idea to decide whether or not to make a point of listening myself.

However if you're just looking to argue, and be a smartass when I haven't earned it, that's fine too, but your comments now and in the future will most likely be glanced over faster than those of OverlordXenu or whatever his name is.

Guest DogFish

I also agree that a headphone purchase should be based off of an audition, and not hearsay, and if you'll re-read my post you'll see that. I do however think I can get a general idea of what a phone may sound like from listening to the comments of the people I've come to trust. At least enough of an idea to decide whether or not to make a point of listening myself.

However if you're just looking to argue, and be a smartass when I haven't earned it, that's fine too, but your comments now and in the future will most likely be glanced over faster than those of OverlordXenu or whatever his name is.

Now that was cold! I deserve more respect than that! I paid my dues..