The Office Season 5

deepak

Less than a week away for Season five of The Office :prettyprincess:

Here is a preview description of the first episode from TV.com

Weight Loss

The summer activities of the Dunder Mifflin staff are highlighted, including an interbranch weight loss competition and following Pam at the Pratt Art School.

My opinion based on that spoiler

It sounds like Pam isn't going to be working in the the office anymore

??? Not sure how I feel about that

and Toby's replacement doesn't seem that interesting to me.

I'm convinced Toby's replacement is pure evil. There's something off with her.

Pam gone is probably going to be temporary, like Jim in Season 3. Didn't they say in the Season 4 finale it was only like a three month program, or something?

Still not used to all the changes from Season 4, hopefully Season 5 will go better...

• 1 month later...

I think Michael Scott is one of the great characters in American post-modern art. His intense loneliness and desire for affection coupled with his awful social skills is so tragic, but so unbelievably hilarious. That scene with just him and Kelly in the office was great.

Best scene of the season so far was Dwight and Michael and Jim simulating the customer call. Hell its one of the best scenes of the whole series.

I was going to say the part where Michael tells Kelly how hard it is for people to come to his house was really tragic. I actually felt a pang of real sadness.

There have been a few moments when I felt a pang of sympathy for Michael this season. I attribute it not only to good writing but also to Carrell's acting ability. The ending of the previous week's episode is a good example. I love Beadie so much. Can't seem to ever remember her Office name, just know her as Beadie from The Wire.

"So, are we gunna have sex tonight" "Hell yeah!"

one of the best scenes in the universe, ever. "but it's a million dollar sale!"

Don't ever yell at the customer!!

he dat man from Mad Men.

That a good show? I've heard things.

Pam is going to fall for New York Tuna, dun dun dun

:(

There have been a few moments when I felt a pang of sympathy for Michael this season. I attribute it not only to good writing but also to Carrell's acting ability. The ending of the previous week's episode is a good example. I love Beadie so much. Can't seem to ever remember her Office name, just know her as Beadie from The Wire.

"So, are we gunna have sex tonight" "Hell yeah!"

"We'll probably have something light like soup" :D

• 3 months later...

What are people's thoughts on the second part of this season?

IMO each episode has been wildly varying trying to be funny to just obscure. And I still believe that the best episodes are when they aren't trying to work in plot lines and instead just make an episode about nothing (like Seinfeld).

Highlight of this season for me is when Michael is trying to resuscitate Stanley and he says "Stanley you will not die! Barack is president! You are black!"

;D

Edited by deepak