ATH-AD1000PRM, ATH-ESW10JPN

Fungi

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've heard the hd600, but not the esw10. i'm in the market for a esw9a, and if they're anything as good as the esw10, then it looks like i'm in for a treat.

whats the difference between the a and the not a?

also, is there a way to put something over the wood to not get it scratched up?

Then it depends on your taste :). I don't think the ESW9 is hands down better htan the HD600s well amplified, but I preferred them. I do think the ESW10 straight out of my ipod was better than any senn I've tried out of my m3.

damn, sounds like the esw10's are worth their weight in gold then

whats the difference between the a and the not a?

also, is there a way to put something over the wood to not get it scratched up?

not sure, but from what i've heard, they are the same sonically

you have the esw9 right jin? what's your take?

Btw I'm seriously considering re-cabling the ESW10s in the near future. Are the APS V3s a worthwhile upgrade from the current APS portable? Do you reckon re-cabling will seriously impact the collector's value (if any) of the ESW10s?

I've heard straight from the source that something called the Mini V3 is in the works, so you might want to wait for that... :) I know I am, I've long been wanting to get a longer cable for my ATH-ES7 because it's just too damn short!

fracking awesome. Sounds great unamped and better amped. Right now, I'm using it just with a 5G ipod and I have no complaints at all. I'm thinking of selling all my amps and other headphones and getting the 10 if its that much better then the 9.

nice, i'm sticking with the esw9, i just can't see myself dishing 600 bones for the 10s now or anytime in the future, no matter how much better they are

Highly doubtful the cable will do anything worth losing the portability (and value) of stock.

The thing is, the ESW10s will be used mainly in a home and office setting and currently with my ES7s for office use, I'm finding the cable annoyingly short (not to mention it feels rather fragile). Think another ft of cable would be just right.

No, duet cable, not esw10 cable. Duet cable is a big help, if for nothing more than decluttering. Blue Jeans Cables makes a duet cable, too I believe.

Thanks for the heads up, I can't find the Duet cable anywhere on the BJC site though. Is it a custom job? Cheers.

I used the Micro$oft Live 25% off deal that was so hot at the time these came out, and got a $128 refund on my ESW10JPN, so in the end it was like $384. One of my few safe investments...

To the cable question - I don't know enough about the new APS portable cable, but I'm waiting to see how portable the cable will really be before I make the jump. I think Lil'night or someone like that did an APS cable of some sort to their ESW10 and he loves the sound but doesn't like the bulk and weight of the cable. I wont like that either.