Shigaclone transport

deepak

I have a couple at my friends place in Canada :)

I should get them shipped sometime...

It could be a fun project but the weak ISK is killing me so it will be that much more expensive to do. Should be nice and compact though when all is said and done.

Edited by deepak

yup, yup, yup. I have 2 transports so I can compare the mods side by side. This is the best way to do things, IMHO.

It does sound very impressive indeed so I'm thinking about using batteries in it full time but I'll build a 7808 PSU as well to test it out. What value of resistor did you use for the display led and did you do the full mods? Right now I'm using it stock except I removed everything except the PSU reservoir cap and the digital output doesn't have any resistors on it.

It does sound very impressive indeed so I'm thinking about using batteries in it full time but I'll build a 7808 PSU as well to test it out. What value of resistor did you use for the display led and did you do the full mods? Right now I'm using it stock except I removed everything except the PSU reservoir cap and the digital output doesn't have any resistors on it.

I removed all the ceramic bypasses, replaced the crystal with the Citizen, replaced everything in the original PDF with Black Gates, added another purple Black Gate to bypass the PSU where it enters the board, settled (I think) on a MKP1830 for the 10nF cap, removed the inductor on the board, did the BG|7808|BG psu with the recommended MSR/MUR diodes, added a custom R-Core transformer. I haven't done anything with the LCD yet... working on a case at some point is my next step. Should we start another thread? :)

Also, have you heard the original 47 labs player?

I removed all the ceramic bypasses, replaced the crystal with the Citizen, replaced everything in the original PDF with Black Gates, added another purple Black Gate to bypass the PSU where it enters the board, settled (I think) on a MKP1830 for the 10nF cap, removed the inductor on the board, did the BG|7808|BG psu with the recommended MSR/MUR diodes, added a custom R-Core transformer. I haven't done anything with the LCD yet... working on a case at some point is my next step. Should we start another thread? :)

I'm thinking about filling it with BG's and installing the clock as well. I'll probably start on the chassis though after knocking up a simple 7808 PSU. Battery power would be a real contender since the transport doesn't need all that much juice.

If you've got any surplus parts from your mods then you know where you can send them... :)

Also, have you heard the original 47 labs player?

Sadly no. I'd love to try the Pitracer since it is truly unique...

• 1 month later...

This project has been dormant for a while now due to lack of time and parts but the parts arrived early this week and I finally had some free time so now my Shigaclone is riddled with Blackgates. :) Since I couldn't pick up a LM7808 regulator before the weekend I'm still running off a 6v battery so the main 470uF reservoir cap is still in place and so is the critical 0.1uf electrolytic. The PSU should be done this week and then I'll replace the 0.1uf cap and remove the main reservoir cap as well.

I'm using three 47uF/50v N and two 4.7uF/50v PK BlackGates for now and a Riken 390ohm resistor on the output plus a Caddock MK132 91ohm as a shunt to lower the output level. First impressions are good with the bass leaner then before but much more natural. The treble is more extended and less harsh with far more detail retrieval. Total cost is under 300$ for two units with parts to spare. ;D