I am not that easy on choosing music, how about you?

Blackmore

When I am in the store trying some new stuff I just cant choose a single shit from it. Just today tried 10 CD's and only one came a bit closer to my liking, so, I am starting to asking myself: "Whats wrong with me?" I listen to a lot of differ gengres, not all kind, but still, but seems that my collection arent going to be huge, ever...

For example R.Blackmore's last project, Blackmore's Night, I HATE every single piece of it. I forced myself to buy double live CD and after just couple of minutes I am done...

On the other hand, J.Lord write pretty cool music, after leaving DP.

Am I dumb to understand or just to old fashion, inflexible ass:asshat:

I think what's going on is that the musicians you've liked in the past have stopped making good music, or your taste and theirs have diverged.

There are several musicians that I like some of what they've done and not all. The flaming lips have changed drastically over time, but I still like everything they do. Gov't Mule, on the otherhand, went from a solid improvisational power trio to middle of the road "jam band", and lost me completely.

Yes, thats the part of it, I guess, but not only. After have seen Robert Plant show, several years ago, everything changed for me and not in the good way. He was late, irritating and didnt care about what people are came for, while every Deep Purple show I went to, was great, full of energy, fun with a lot of respect to the fans.

I think what's going on is that the musicians you've liked in the past have stopped making good music, or your taste and theirs have diverged.

There are several musicians that I like some of what they've done and not all. The flaming lips have changed drastically over time, but I still like everything they do. Gov't Mule, on the otherhand, went from a solid improvisational power trio to middle of the road "jam band", and lost me completely.

What you listened to in your formative years has a great influence on what you like later in life. I've always "exercised" my musical tastes, so mine should be flexible.

Also, unless you have good stores near you, you need to stop shopping in stores. They only carry the most generic "likeable by the most people" type music, which is useless in today's world of growing population and diverging tastes. Try: emusic, iTunes, cdbaby, amazon, pandora, and so on, to discover what kind of music you really like.

Also, unless you have good stores near you, you need to stop shopping in stores. They only carry the most generic "likeable by the most people" type music, which is useless in today's world of growing population and diverging tastes. Try: emusic, iTunes, cdbaby, amazon, pandora, and so on, to discover what kind of music you really like.

This.

I die a little inside every time I happen upon a best buy, target, etc.

pictures of hard drives aren't that exciting :-\

i mean album in the general sense, not the black bit o' plastic sense. i guess i could post pics of the big boxes of CDs in my basement, but that isn't very exciting either.

They are to aardvark :laugh:

Blackmore: I usually only pick up 10-20 new releases in a year so I don't even bother going into mega-mall type record stores. I also make judicious use of internet sampling before buying vinyl or CDs.

Also, unless you have good stores near you, you need to stop shopping in stores. They only carry the most generic "likeable by the most people" type music....

This is right on the money Sir.

On realy rare occasions I find what I'm looking for in CDs stores unless they tell me that my order has arrived...;)

The ultimate downside of this...the price is generally up, realy up when you live by that strategy.

Amicalement

Edited by Genetic
spelling

Thanks guys, for an advice and nice conversation.

The store I am going to is quite nice, if not great, compare to other shity places we have up here, which I never visit. Some years ago we had a GREAT CD shop VIRGIN, which had everything you need in all directions, but they have been pushed out of market, so I have heard...>:(

The thing is, CD's are much expensive up here than in US, even on second hand market people ask bit to much for it, so buying on .bay US or even UK, include shipping, still make sense these days, amazing but true...

I do know 2 second hand shops, one of them sells both vinyl and CD's, will take closer look, however they didnt had anything I could buy in the past, will try again.

THX