question about sony qualia 010

d_rayman

i'd say they sound significantly worse than average, if the fit is bad, because they sounded like shit when i heard them, and i know they didn't fit me very well.

I agree completely. I only heard them briefly at a meet but thought they sounded like a bright metallic mess. I quickly took them off and didn't bother trying to fit them perfectly.

May I ask everyone how we change the cable for the qualia 010?

I fear that i may break its mini connector during pulling the cable out

why did sony use Carbon for the frame instead of metal? I fear that I might break the frame?

Oh, And regarding the Lemo mini connector, just get the feeling for the release mechnism.

May I ask everyone how we change the cable for the qualia 010?

I fear that i may break its mini connector during pulling the cable out

why did sony use Carbon for the frame instead of metal? I fear that I might break the frame?

Wow X2. Like Icarium said you got a pair already? :eek: If so congrats. I hope it is fitting well.

when i listen to the headphone at the first time, it is just like there are hundred of swords cutting my head. The sound is very sharp.

After changing position of earpads, the sound becomes a lot better , not sharp at all.

I thought i will stick with the small size frame but the small pressure(even though it is still comfortable) makes me decide to change into the medium frame.

The soundstage of the qualia 010 is really very large. I think it is on the same level of GS1000.

One nice thing about the qualia 010 is that i don't hear any treble peak for my songs ( i heard them with the audio technica headphones)

d_rayman, I don't own qualias but I've done some very detailed listening on a pair that fit great.

With perfect fit they are very transparent headphones and have a great soundstage. They are very flat and detailed so on a lot of recordings the bass will be less than you expect and the highs will be harsher than people are used to (especially if you listen to HD650s). The most similar headphone that I've heard out of the box is the ER-4S.

Good luck with your expensive experiment :) Congrats.

thanks Dreadhead. Basing on what you say, I think I get the perfect fit with the M frame(S frame too)

Well the time I tried them they were with an S frame at maximum which apparently overlaps fairly closely with a M frame at minimum. The secret as best I can tell with them is that they seal with your head. Otherwise If you pull them slightly out of position I can totally understand what people say about the "seashell" effect.

Icarium

can you describe the sound of your qualia 010 when you have a perfect fit?

I have spent for 4hrs to modify the headphone now:eek:

You know it when. The sound will be very transparent with extremely tight bass. The treble might be a bit colder than what you used to. The soundstage and imaging will be spot on. My best experience with the Qualia is listening to them with SACDs. Sony created the Qualia headphones especially for SACDs and the performance is phenomenal playing this media.

• 3 months later...
in this economy cash is king I'd offer 3500 while these are great headphones prices north of 3000 pass my personal threshold for their value to me. I know other disagree and feel their value is higher, look out folks deflation is on the horizon. Also sometimes even with a good size fit headshape may be off as well I've seen people do odd things to get a good seal with these.

The SP headband while ridiculous in price (IMHO) fixes most fit issues.

in this economy 010's are king.