Ryan Adams quits music

aardvark baguette

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever hear him live? I did once, and I have to say he sure was... drunk. Yup, definitely drunk, and that was about all I remember, other than a vague feeling of disappointment after hearing nothing but RA hype for weeks in advance of the show. Apparently he makes a fine record (I've never listened to his recordings), but his performance record is pretty spotty from what I've heard and experienced. Hopefully he emerges from wherever he is rejuvenated and with a bit more inspiration.

Anyone ever hear him live? I did once, and I have to say he sure was... drunk. Yup, definitely drunk, and that was about all I remember, other than a vague feeling of disappointment after hearing nothing but RA hype for weeks in advance of the show. Apparently he makes a fine record (I've never listened to his recordings), but his performance record is pretty spotty from what I've heard and experienced. Hopefully he emerges from wherever he is rejuvenated and with a bit more inspiration.

he quit drinking a few years ago, and his shows have been pretty solid since then. he allows tapers to patch through the soundboard, so tons of high quality lossless live shows are available free at the Ryan Adams Archive. check 'em out.