Koss ESP-950

Dusty Chalk

Well... both phrases when placed in quotes return 10 pages on Google, so I think it is safe to say that they're both highly used. My primary problem with "bang for the buck" is it makes you sound like an ESL student while "bang for your buck" seems to be a more correct phrasing.
They both sound correct to me, you fucking pedant. "Bang for your buck" sounds more informal and personal, as if the writer is talking to you specifically, the reader, whereas "bang for the buck" sounds like the writer is speaking to a larger audience. Which, on the internet, he is.

They both sound correct to me, you fucking pedant.
Funny thing about using that word. It makes you sound like what you are insulting. ;D
"Bang for your buck" sounds more informal and personal, as if the writer is talking to you specifically, the reader, whereas "bang for the buck" sounds like the writer is speaking to a larger audience. Which, on the internet, he is.
I don't read it that way at all. Your is also correct when addressing a larger audience. Where exactly can I find 'the buck'? Is it in Yikes' wallet?

Funny thing about using that word. It makes you sound like what you are insulting. ;D
Yeah yeah, takes one to know one and all that. Touch yourself in the daytime.

Difference is, I'm right. If you're going to be a fucking pedant like I am (that's "your majesty king fucking pedantness" to you), you should at least be correct about it. As has already been stated, I'm just pointing out that a certain correction was fallacious. What I'm trying to do is reinforce my argument by explaining subtle shadings in what are both correct phrasings -- my personal interpretations. I never said "your" wasn't correct, I was just concurring that you were incorrect for correcting incorrectly.

Where exactly can I find 'the buck'? Is it in Yikes' wallet?
It is the generic buck -- that which is being saved or spent.

And just to get this conversation back on track...

You might want to contact Peter about his new electrostatic amp design though... he seems pretty confident that it is the 'best EVAR'. 8)
I'd love to, and possibly will, when I am in the market for an amp for my currently non-existent 4070's and ESP-950's. Probably next summer, I think.

"Bang for the buck" carries much the same meaning as "bang for the buck". Therefore even if the precise choice of words in the phrase was incorrect, the phrase as a whole would still be logical and appropriate.

Anger or nitpicking would be better directed at corruptions of phrases in which the original meaning is lost or obscured, such as "I could care less" and "the lion's share".

I was just concurring that you were incorrect for correcting incorrectly.
:o

I bow down before your your majesty king fucking pedantness! :D

[seriously, that was a treat to read]

Yeah, it's the EA-4. It's at the bottom of this page.
Actually, I am not completely sure that is the newest design. I would double check with him first to clarify.
"Bang for the buck" carries much the same meaning as "bang for the buck". Therefore even if the precise choice of words in the phrase was incorrect, the phrase as a whole would still be logical and appropriate.
Yes. ;)

That line I quoted in my last post reminds me a little of massive attack... "I was lookin' back to see if you were lookin' back to see me lookin' back at you" :D

Uh, no, there is yet another that Philo was referring to...
Yeah, I don't think his newest design is up on the website yet. Hopefully he will be bringing it along with his Omega 2's to my mini-meet this Saturday. 8)

So there's a bestest evar that's better than the current bestest evar?

Well, all I can say in my own defense is that the picture that was shown was of an EA-4. If he mentioned another amp, it wasn't in this thread.

EA-9? That's what it should be (IMHO).

"Bang for the buck" carries much the same meaning as "bang for the buck".
As it should.

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit, I fucking hate that. :DCool, sorry if I was insulting with my comment. :-[

You might want to contact Peter about his new electrostatic amp design though... he seems pretty confident that it is the 'best EVAR'. 8)

He mentioned it here, in the middle of being pedantic - you just thought he meant the EA-4. I'd prefer EA-5 to go with my E5, but that's just me being anal. I just want it to be (at least) as good as an ES-1... for a quarter of the price.

Well, all I can say in my own defense is that the picture that was shown was of an EA-4. If he mentioned another amp, it wasn't in this thread.
Yeah, I forgot that I posted that earlier. Sorry about that. The EA-4 is pretty and versatile, but basically an EA-1. My bad. :P

He mentioned it here, in the middle of being pedantic - you just thought he meant the EA-4.
Judges say: over-ruled. He explicitly refered to the EA-4 as new, so when he said 'new' again, I just presumed he meant the EA-4 again. How was I supposed to know that when he said 'new', he actually meant (pauses for Shatner-esque intake of breath) new? I mean, shit, that was just Aug 1...

Phidolox -- so is it going to be truly balanced this time?

so is it going to be truly balanced this time?
Unsure. I will ask Peter for details tomorrow and see what he will let me post about it. :)

pabbi1 - I think I have to give this one to Dusty. My comments made no sense given that I had already posted the picture of the EA-4.

Dusty - Just to clarify, the EA-4 has actually 'been out' for some time, but the look of all Peter's amps was recently updated and he took this as an opportunity to update his webpage with most of the models he offers as well as hosting the new pictures. I think he still forgot to put up the PL12 though, which my balanced amp will be based on. ;)

Fine by me, after all it IS your board. _BUT_, I have ordered the post EA-4 model - and am not yet at liberty to disclose the details.

BUT, it damn sure made sense to me, with inside info.

Philodox: Do ping me privately IF you get to listen to it - I know there is (ONLY) one ahead of me, and you will be the first to actually get to hear it...

It IS who's board? Neither Dusty nor myself are Admin's here. ???

So, maybe I'm not overruled by 'the judges'... my bad.

God, I hope that amp sounds sweet - since the deposit is down, and I can't help but dream about the 13 tubess, wailing away on my HE60... now, if only i could locate a HE60 panel mount jack...

More on topic: Peter mentioned an adapter for the Koss (ESP-950?) -> HE60 (or HE90?) - anyone have any knowlege about this?

Hey guys, unfortunately Peter was unable to bring the new electrostatic amp. He confirmed that it is a step up from the EA-1 and EA-1. Should retail for around $1500.

He did bring one of his newer PL10 amps though and, well, I think I am going to be happy with the balanced amp he is building me. :D

More on that later. Need to clean up my apartment and relax a bit today. We had a late night. ;)