If you could live anywhere in the US where would it be and why?

Grand Enigma

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really have a view like that? 's'nice.

EDIT: Are you that blurry fog on the left, or the visible house on the right?

The pictures don't do the view justice. We are up (440') on an area behind Santa Barbara proper called "the Riviera" because it looks very much like the cliffs behind the beaches on the French Riviera. We have a 170 degree unobstructed view of the city, the harbor, the beaches and the Channel Islands. It's amazing, especially at night.

We are the blurry fog on the left. Santa Barbara is a beach town and we get fog. June and early July is the worst time and the weather then is referred to as "June Gloom". Usually it burns off fairly early but somedays the marine layer is so thick that it doesn't burn off at all. See, we do have weather. :D

• 1 month later...
Add beautiful women to the list and you're talking about my city. Not is the US though, and the language barrier might be problematic. :P
Was born on the west island, but unfortunately my anglophone family moved west the year before I would have started French immersion at school. When my current job/career runs out of steam I swear I will learn French and move back... every time I visit I am so sad to leave... the food, the women, the music, the vibe in general... fuck I am pining hard now, thanks...