Parasound Customer Service

Looser101

Parasound has amazing Customer Service.

After a google search I was unable to find a schematic for my Parasound DAC. Failing that, this past Saturday, I sent an email to their service department. Within minutes Richard replied that he would look when he got into the office on Monday. I was surprised at the quick response, and on a Saturday at that. Today, Sunday, I received an email from Tony with the schematic attached.

How's that for customer service?

Parasound has amazing Customer Service.

After a google search I was unable to find a schematic for my Parasound DAC. Failing that, this past Saturday, I sent an email to their service department. Within minutes Richard replied that he would look when he got into the office on Monday. I was surprised at the quick response, and on a Saturday at that. Today, Sunday, I received an email from Tony with the schematic attached.

How's that for customer service?

Pretty impressive, especially on a holiday weekend.

Did he hint at new DACs? ;)

Possibly... any recommendations?

This is the message Filburt sent me

THS4031 for I/V, AD797 for the analog filter/buffer. One thing I noticed is that it seems like there is an extra op-amp in the mix on these things. I need to see a schematic to know what it does >_<.

I believe Icarium has a DAC1600 (balanced 1100) that is modded even further.

My one complaint about the DAC is the 3 vrms output. But, this is just one of my audio pet peeves and I just get annoyed at anything other than 2 vrms for single ended output.

Guest sachu

thisis insane..i sent Tony an email earlier this morning asking for the DAC-1100 schematics..what do you know..I have an email with the schematics attached..on a sunday!!!

thisis insane..i sent Tony an email earlier this morning asking for the DAC-1100 schematics..what do you know..I have an email with the schematics attached..on a sunday!!!

I would of sent them to you if you asked. But ya their customer service is indeed insanely awesome.

x7 on the CS. One of the 1100s I bought was dropped in shipment and the rack mount/ear of the faceplate bent (those that have seen one can guess how hard it must have hit). Parasound was able after a bit to dig up an old plate, replace and fully test the DAC for a reasonable charge (covered by UPS).

NoNoNoNoNoNo, so you found a 1100?

Guest sachu
x7 on the CS. One of the 1100s I bought was dropped in shipment and the rack mount/ear of the faceplate bent (those that have seen one can guess how hard it must have hit). Parasound was able after a bit to dig up an old plate, replace and fully test the DAC for a reasonable charge (covered by UPS).

NoNoNoNoNoNo, so you found a 1100?

hey Ric,

Yeah I ended up buying CJ's DAC-1100 :P