Audio GD 19MK3

regal

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because other Chinese will rip off the designs. And the last time I saw a schematic in the manual for a car was in the 70's. You're close to as bad as a friend of mine who wont buy other than PowerPC Macs because of what he thinks of Intel.

Just FYI, but I have the full service manual with everything for my '02 Mazda, and am pretty sure similar documents are available for most cars. Otherwise, most shops would be screwed.

It just amazes me that another DAC mentioned here can have an analog stage that switches from a god awful 12au7 cathode follower to an opamp and no negatives mentioned but when a good design is presented it is slammed as having magically counterfeited chips. And I don't think its the I hate the Chinese syndrome, its more lets make a newbie look bad because he doesn't think the Sabre is the second coming. Alternative veiwpoints are a good thing, keep that in mind.

That dac did receive negatives here. Read the thread again.

Just FYI, but I have the full service manual with everything for my '02 Mazda, and am pretty sure similar documents are available for most cars. Otherwise, most shops would be screwed.

Fair enough. Maybe I was thinking more of the regular manual that came with cars my family owned that had the schematic, a practice that stopped at some stage.

His quip about my father was un-called for though. I say his mother wears army boots. :chair:

Ah no, the service manual is something which must be acquired separately, definitely quite different from the owners manual. This is also often the case with audio companies, though many do not offer anything. Companies like Denon, Rotel, and many others do provide very useful and complete service manuals upon request, which provide everything from schematics, a BOM, board guide, and exploded assembly guide.

My sensei's favorite insult was always that one's mother wears combat boots. :)

His quip about my father was un-called for though. I say his mother wears army boots. :chair:

I apologize about that but it wasn't meant to be harsh. Heck if I didn't have to work on cars I wouldn't. I'm not talking about Haynes or Chilton manuals, all auto makers allow you to buy the same Factory Service Manuals their techs use. Most all audio/visual manufacturers do to.

With this thread I was just trying to present an alternative veiwpoint to the typical low jitter sigma delta high feedback DAC. Basically most all thats been offered the past decade. To me it is refreshing to find a product with a different approach.

Didn't mean to come across as an A-hole, but I'm an engineer and most all of us do come across as "insensitive" ( at least thats what my wife says.)

I'm a Chemical Engineer by the way and by no means have the DIY audio electronics savy as others here like Colin for example.