Audio GD 19MK3

regal

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father was a commie in Oxford University. His sister worked in MI6 too, or whatever it was called back then.

One thing does piss me off about AudioGD, they won't sell you the schematics even after buying the damn thing, I have never purchased anything from a car to a washing machine that I didn't buy the schematics (service manual) for. If it weren't for that I'de try one of there more expensive DAC's.

Because other Chinese will rip off the designs. And the last time I saw a schematic in the manual for a car was in the 70's. You're close to as bad as a friend of mine who wont buy other than PowerPC Macs because of what he thinks of Intel.

It just amazes me that another DAC mentioned here can have an analog stage that switches from a god awful 12au7 cathode follower to an opamp and no negatives mentioned but when a good design is presented it is slammed as having magically counterfeited chips. And I don't think its the I hate the Chinese syndrome, its more lets make a newbie look bad because he doesn't think the Sabre is the second coming. Alternative veiwpoints are a good thing, keep that in mind.

I would love to see the business plan to build hard wired silicone counterfeit PMD100 chips that trigger an HDCD on circuit when an HDCD is played. I wouldn't invest in that upstart, but the paranoia from some of us is just amazing.

Because other Chinese will rip off the designs. And the last time I saw a schematic in the manual for a car was in the 70's. You're close to as bad as a friend of mine who wont buy other than PowerPC Macs because of what he thinks of Intel.

My God have you never bought a factory service manual? I guess your rich father pays for your car to be worked on, some of us work on our own equipment.

It just amazes me that another DAC mentioned here can have an analog stage that switches from a god awful 12au7 cathode follower to an opamp and no negatives mentioned but when a good design is presented it is slammed as having magically counterfeited chips. And I don't think its the I hate the Chinese syndrome, its more lets make a newbie look bad because he doesn't think the Sabre is the second coming. Alternative veiwpoints are a good thing, keep that in mind.

You obviously have some technical chops to contribute, but you're coming off here as a bit of a wanker. Tone matters, in conversation as in the digital reproduction of music.

My God have you never bought a factory service manual? I guess your rich father pays for your car to be worked on, some of us work on our own equipment.

Scratch that, a complete wanker. :palm:

I would love to see the business plan to build hard wired silicone counterfeit PMD100 chips that trigger an HDCD on circuit when an HDCD is played. I wouldn't invest in that upstart, but the paranoia from some of us is just amazing.

You're getting on my nerves.

With respect to service manuals, I have encountered two manufacturers recently that are not necessarily eager to share such things. Dodson and TEAC. TEAC sent the service manual, but it is not necessarily as complete as one would like. Dodson (Silversmith Audio) won't share it schematics at all. And I agree that is annoying.

While I appreciate individuals of a technical bent, I don't appreciate assholes at any level.

If his reliance on logic extended to his rhetoric, I wager he'd still be active right now. Heck, if he substituted ten ounces of snark for one ounce of charts, I bet he'd still be active.

But that describes more than 50% of us.

It's just that he's not "one of us" yet.

I don't know, man, we don't talk to each other like that. I suppose we do talk to new kids like that, but it's part of the process.

On the other hand... Hmm.... I may have to rethink my asshole barometer.

I don't know, man, we don't talk to each other like that.
We don't? The DIY guys in particular are particularly admonishing. Kevin Gilmore talks to everyone like that. I'm not saying they shouldn't -- they have their reasons (safety, quality of construction, etc.).
the problem isnt that he isn't one of us yet, it's that he doesn't seem particularly aware of that...
Agreed. You really have a way of cutting through to the heart of the matter sometimes.

Anyway, I remain optimistic. The smarter ones tend to be the bigger assholes. But they're also smart.