Cardas GRFA Double RCA measurements?

dsavitsk

Does anyone have measured dimensions for the Cardas GRFA DBL RCA jacks? I am trying to do a PCB and case layout, and Cardas doesn't give quite enough information away to actually accomplish this. Even better, anyone have an Eagle part library for these?

Drawings for an alternative part from another manufacturer (Vampire?) that is of decent quality would be fine, too.

GRFADBLPRT.jpg

but wouldn't bet my life on it.

No, I wouldn't either -- some of your numbers don't add up. The width of the whole thing is listed as 0.63", but you have the pins that are within this being 0.81" apart. Same with the distance between the L and R signal pins -- you have 0.7", but it must be at most less than 0.622", and if the original drawing is to be believed, it should be exactly 0.273". Are these off by some multiplier perhaps?

Peter Daniels uses these in his builds so contacting him on DIYAudio could help. I quite like this Vampire part, I have a few which I bought from Justin and I could measure them for you.

Those would be fine -- a little more expensive, but not enough to break the bank.

Has anyone tried emailing Cardas to see if they could provide a technical drawing?

I did, and they said they don't have a better drawing, though they were able to provide a few more numbers. And, I shouldn't say it as I know how these things get abused, but they are sending me a sample to measure.