Blocking ports without router access

Is there any way I could block specific TCP/UDP ports without reconfiguring the main router?

My younger brother's XBOX Live games disturbing my sleep are getting a little old. While this would be easy enough to do at the router level, my brother is smart enough (I assume) to troubleshoot via cycling the router's power, resetting any changes I might make.

I suppose this could be viewed as a passive aggressive way of resolving the problem, but I think all of the interested parties would prefer it to the more destructive solutions I have in mind.

I'm surprised that there isn't a way to make the changes permanent in this "router" that you speak of. Short of figuring out how to do that, you're choices are pretty limited, to perhaps inserting another firewall somewhere in the chain, or using another computer to DoS his XBOX :) If it's the audio that's bothering you, well, this is a headphone forum after all.

I guess I should have been more specific. It's not the video game noises, but the sound created when he yells into the microphone of his headset that disturbs me.

In desperation earlier this morning, I did access the router's configuration utility. Much to my surprise, there was a preset "rule" for blocking the ports Live uses. So for now, I plan on enabling it when I'm trying to sleep. If that doesn't last, perhaps I'll resort to some of the other suggestions. :basement: