Dagogo California (NorCal) Audio Show 7/30-8/1/10

Asr

Saw this mentioned over at Audio Asylum. I'm sure at least a few of the NorCal folks here will probably want to attend. Lots of interesting vendors too: California Audio Show by Dagogo

At first I was semi-interested in traveling out for it, but man, whoever picked a location way out in Emeryville needs a smack upside the head. The hotel venue isn't even close to at least the Oakland airport?! The date will probably be a conflict for me anyway, but that is some serious planning ineptitude. Way to kill the incentive for out-of-town travelers. :basement:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went on Saturday. It was actually a nice little show with a high percentage of good sounding rooms IMHO.

The Magico room driven with VAC electronics was one of the highlights. So was the Evolution speakers/darTZeel room. The Quad/Convergent Audio Tech. and the Audio Note UK rooms also had really good sound.

Kind of a sleeper demo that had surprisingly real life sound was a small company called Inex Innovations. They build a cable system that uses optical cables for analog signals (I think?). All I can say is if the sound they were getting from a pretty modest vinyl system was the result of these cables, then these guys are really onto something. They're local here in the Bay Area and I might just have to beg them to borrow a pair ($2k a pair,.. yikes!).

I was able to listen to just about everything in one afternoon. It seemed like there was a much more relaxed atmosphere compared to the big shows. Maybe these smaller regional shows are the wave of the future.