Small Air Compressor

luvdunhill

I'm looking for something small to put in my garage for blowing dust around, airing up tires, and perhaps using a small air tool with (finish nailer or something). Small and maintenance free would be nice. I've seen a couple pancakes by Husky and noticed that now Woodcraft sells a Woodriver unit that is relatively cheap. Budget is <$150. I've looked occasionally on Craigslist for something used, but nothing that is at all "new" has popped up... recommendations?

If your budget is just a bit flexible, this would be my first choice, and will last you a long time (provided you drain the water at least once a month)...

Amazon.com: Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor: Power & Hand Tools

If $150.00 is your max...

Amazon.com: FACTORY RECONDITIONED CAP2000P-OF - 6-Gallon 2.0 Peak HP Oil-Free Compressor: Power & Hand Tools

I wouldn't shy away from factory reconditioned here.

I have the small Makita, it's been great although if you have any desire to run tools it won't do it well. I would add that it didn't come with any accessories of any kind, I picked up a cheap pack from Lowes that had everything I needed and I haven't bought anything else in the 3+ years I've owned it.

Sorry. I assumed the Makita would come with an accessory pack, as most compressors do.

I'd imagine that a brad nailer would be about as heavy a tool as Marc would require, though I may be wrong. I don't forsee Marc using a framing gun though, and that may be a good thing. :D

• 2 weeks later...