Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. We are pressing on but we miss the shit out of you and many others, Dinny. Moar crazy pics to come. Fruity Colin vs. Butterfinger and Angry Mexican vs. cinnamon bun are highlights. Damn, there is much alcohol flowing, and the amazing late-night appearance of the Meet Meister has kicked it up a notch.
  2. Hanging by the pool for a little air.
  3. Not to worry. We gave him a tumbler of 129 proof rye without telling him what it was.
  4. We were supposed to go see live music but we weren't sure about all the driving. Jeff went there early and we almost left him to rot, but he finally caught us on the phone and said it was dead so we all headed to the hotel for what matters most: booze and gear! JP couldn't move fast enough to get out of the frame. Still thinking about that menu Horizontal Ari Mom, Dad, how's this thing make music?
  5. The evening meal and beers were provided by Brother Tuckers, and they did us proud. Good food, good drink, and good people. Studying the competition Angry Mexican Angry Mexican Happy Mexican The Queen grants an audience Colin LOVES his fruit beers! Quiet Oranges Don't take my fucking picture while I'm talking, ASSHOLE! Outdoor activities Time to go, the gnome is drunk.
  6. I still thought you might materialize here bristling with Tactical Nuclear Penguins! Too bad it's not true. I'd like to try that beere! Oh, and we miss you for you, too.
  7. Nice! We skipped the Back Room so we are at the hotel. Come on over when you get in.
  8. Good job on the new flight, Mike, but don't waste it by going home! Catch up to us and we will press on with renewed vigor. As for the first few pics, here are some shots from the gear in Brent and my room. We were charging shit up but not quite listening to anything because we went out drinking instead. This is from today's lunch after raiding Mike's house, drinking a couple of beers there, going to Ye Olde Falcon Pub for some fish & chips, and beer of course, and now getting ready to head out to Brother Trucker's and the Back Room show.
  9. Sorry Nate, I actually told him that last night when he was unpacking and he didn't take it well. He touched untidy parts of himself with those extra batteries in his anger. Better bleach them down if he ever ships it.
  10. So, I didn't bother posting when I arrived right in between JP and Brent, but let's get to the important stuff. Met up with those two and managed to check into the hotel under Gene's and would-be Mike's reservations. Hungry and thirsty, we ventured forth and chose the bar/pizza place over TGIFridays because JP didn't want to eat "corporate food." Turned out the pizza was decent and we had fun watching some stupid TV show about stupid stunt men and of course the locals who were entertaining as well. Here is the drinks tally for the evening: 2 Makers Mark on the rocks in Houston post deposition 2 Jack & Gingers on the aeroplane 1 Samuel Adams draft at the bar/pizza place where Brent and I split a pizza 1 gigantic Stoly rocks at the same spot 1 gigantic Kettel 1 rocks at that spot We are now back at the hotel and Brent and I are stupidly online instead of sleeping. That wasn't a hooker, that was some kind of water fowl that a gator ripped the head off of but didn't eat.
  11. w00t! I am on the plane with a Jack & Ginger and in 2.5 hours will arrive well lubricated to meet JP and Brent. Sorry Mike will be missing the best parts of the meet, but hopefully we can keep something in the tank for Saturday night.
  12. Well on our way to Boca by 7:45? I simply don't know the timing but your two posts seemed to have crossed.
  13. I just read the review of this album and really want to pick it up. Not an oud fan as far as I know, but it seems like a very cool album.
  14. Shelley, that's a hot combo in ice blue! I just spent a travel day with my JH13s listening to the iMod and TTVJ Portable and it was quite satisfying. I am going to compare my Pico to it also.
  15. Voltron replied to blessingx's topic in Games
    Wow. They couldn't even make them look cool in animation.
  16. @Shelley:
  17. That must kick ass. I need that. As for me: Cowboy Junkies -- Whites Off Earth Now! [MoFi]
  18. Listening out of the TTVJ FET-A for the last hour and it is a very pleasing combo. I have been listening straight out of a Squeezebox (crappy streaming Rhapsody) and also from an iMod so not the highest fidelity, but certainly enough to get a sense of the combo. I quite like the way the cans sound from this amp, especially with the iMod. The FET-A gives them some good body but it is a nicely clean, detailed amp so you aren't losing out on some of their strengths. The bass is nice and the highs are extended but not harsh. The MoFi Cowboy Junkies is playing now and it sounds great so I'm going to let it ride while I do some work. Nice enough combo that I am going to leave this setup in place for awhile.
  19. And Monkey Princess Leia chained behind him doesn't look like she even cares how she looks.
  20. Yew can dew eet Doug!
  21. Oh damn, that is awesome! Nice boards.
  22. It certainly does and that song struck a particularly fond chord from many a dorm party. They were wunderbar!
  23. I love the CD3000 with the P1 and the Woo 5/6. It also sounded great with my old MPX3. I am not super familiar with the P200 but I was not impressed from a quick listen and others have even said it seems flimsy (compared to the P1 an Abrams tank might seem flimsy though). Anyway, I could try it with the FET-A because I don't have any recollection of pairing them. I really like that amp and had the same thought before Ric mentioned it because of your desire for a budget amp. I'll let you know.
  24. Seeing that album title immediately made me think of Tenpole Tudor's Wunderbar so I gotta play it: Tenpole Tudor -- Wunderbar: Stiff Records Singles Collection And remember:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.