Everything posted by Voltron
-
JH Audio stuffs
I can wear mine indefinitely. Never been able to keep IEMs in comfortably for more than a couple/three hours without adjusting, taking a break, etc, before the JH13s. Easy to wear for long stretches.
-
JH Audio stuffs
Mine is also the right ear and I have heard that more than the left for sure.
-
What did you do today?
Been afraid to ask why you are drinking and eating at Cedars Sinai, David, but glad to hear that the reason isn't too bad. I'm sure Joann will be great and she and Bugsey can convalesce together while you take care of them! Good thoughts going your way.
- What did you do today?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Bene!
-
Happy Birthday to Cankin!
Happy birthday! Cheers
-
JH Audio stuffs
MWB sounds cool. Some of their color names are annoying punny.
-
What did you do today?
That truly sucks, Dinny.
-
JH Audio stuffs
Big day in JH Audio history! Did you go plain too, Dinny?
-
JH Audio stuffs
Party on Grahame! Those are cool and soooo 2009.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Listening to a friend's Rhapsody playlist with the best of the oughties.
-
Miami Restaurant Recommendations
PePe's Cafe & Steakhouse? Looks tasty. I guess I should figure out the name of that place we almost got kicked out of in Old Miami.
-
Miami Restaurant Recommendations
Thanks Mike!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
- What are you listening to Part Two
The Smiths- Miami Restaurant Recommendations
Some friends from Paris are staying in Miami over Christmas and I would like to give them a few restaurant and entertainment suggestions. They are a family of 4 with teenage kids who are 16 and 18 or so. They are also going to Key West, so let me know if you have good ideas for that locale as well. Thanks in advance.- What are you listening to Part Two
I had the same thought!- The Live Music Thread
I think you'd dig him, Jack. I will definitely go see him again. Here is a video from the show I was at:- Post the last thing you bought!
The Highland Park 40yr is only $1,999 at a local shop. They don't have the 21yr, the bastards. Oh, and I just bought a bottle of the Thos. Handy Sazerac Rye. Very happy.- The Best Jazz Albums of 2009
It's a good list. I have been listening to the ones I don't know already and I need to pick up some of these.- Your recent music purchases
John Coltrane -- Crescent (ORG 45RPM)- What are you listening to Part Two
Steve Kuhn Trio -- Mostly Coltrane- JH Audio stuffs
Why wouldn't you call JHA and ask them to do it? An email could easily sit for awhile.- JH Audio stuffs
I have both the Pico and TTVJ, Salty and neither has any noise or hiss at all that I can recall. There is a good volume range on both as well, because the JH|13 are not super easy to drive. Somebody said it's more like driving Grados than really sensitive IEMs, and that isn't a stretch. The TTVJ has three gain settings,so you can adjust accordingly there too.- The Live Music Thread
I first heard of Davy Knowles in the last week and I just got back from seeing him and his band Back Door Slam at a small club called the Independent. He is a 23 year old blues rock guitarist and singer from the UK and he was blistering for about 2 solid hours. Here is a pic Davy took from the stage and already posted to Twitter, which is what he said he would do. You can see my left hand making a peace sign as the last highest hand in the back about a third of the way from the right of the frame. Anyway, he can play the shit out of a guitar and has a great rockin' blues voice. He did mostly his own music, but with a good sprinkling of classic rock tunes that people know to keep everybody interested. He played a relatively short version of Oh Well by the old Fleetwood Mac ("I can't help about the shape I'm in I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin But don't ask me what I think of you I might not give the answer that you want me to") that transitioned into a searing, lengthy rendition of Crosby, Stills & Nash's Almost Cut My Hair that would have made Stephen Stills hang up his guitar after his recent lame-ass effort at the R&R Hall of Fame concert. That was something, mother-fucking else! He also did Cortez The Killer, one of my favorite Neil Young tunes, so that was pretty awesome as well. His other cover that I can recall was by Rory Gallagher, who along with Peter Frampton (who produced his recent album) seem to be Davy's top heroes. All in all, a great show even though my ears a ringing like a son of bitch. This was the last show on their tour, allegedly, but they also seem to be playing NYE in Philadelphia so they are not exactly on hiatus. Check them out if you can, and don't hold their lame band name against them. We hypothesized it must mean something different in the U.K. - What are you listening to Part Two
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.