How To Put Together a "How To"?

My parents are trying their best to embrace the computer and the internets, but it's slow going. For certain things, I need to walk them through the most basic steps (e.g, where's the power button) and other more difficult steps (e.g., how to make a playlist in iTunes). What I'm looking for is some sort of program(s) that will allow me to easily post both screenshots and actual photos to produce a sort of tutorial.

I've used Skitch a bit, but it doesn't have the greatest organizational qualities. I suppose I could create a Word document, but I'd like something a bit simpler than that if it exists. As always, your collective genius is appreciated.

All good suggestions, and considered so far, but not necessarily dedicated "how to" tools. Or rather, too robust for what I seek. Skitch integrates with Evernote, so that might be the way to go, but I was wondering if there's a one-stop shop solution that is designed for exactly this application.

Probably more work than you want to do, but I've done training videos in the past using screen macro recorders to show my mouse and click actions, then used somethign like Audacity to record a voice narrative. I used paid-for software to combine the audio and video, but I'm sure there are freebies out there......