Portable headphone angst

Beefy

I jumped on the Amperior bandwagon while at the Store That Must Not Be Named to pick up a case for my daughter. I'm not sure why the cable would be uncomfortable on top of a shirt, but I like the fact that it is a single sided connection and that you can swap out the volume control/mic cable for a plain cable. You could also use whatever male-male stereo mini cable you like for straight listening if the stock one breaks or is destroyed by toxic sweat. Anyway, the sound is pretty nice out of the box and should work as a transportable closed can option.

After a little more than a week wearing the Amperiors on my (walking) commute every day I'm liking them a lot for a portable. I'm not noticing any problems with the cable.

If you really don't like the cable though, Tyll posted about how easy it was to replace the HD-25/Aperior Cable in either the HD-25 or Amperior review videos. Pretty nifty.

Also it nice to see that they listened to his criticism and remedied the cable termination issue. See the below quote from his Amerior review. This issue was fixed with a much smaller cable termination on all of the cables that ship with the Amperior.

My One Gripe

Both these headphones did drive me crazy, though. The 1/8" stereo mini-plug at the end of the cable was TOO DAMN LARGE TO REACH THE JACK OF MY iPAD OR iPHONE THROUGH MY OTTERBOX DEFENDER CASE!!!! Jumpin' Geebus, Sennheiser, look around at the cables out there! Everybody is making slender plugs these days. What's up with that?

Sennheiser will be shipping the Amperiors with a three-button phone adaptor, but I don't know if it's going to have a small plug. The good news is that the cables are relatively easily replaceable, and if Sennheiser figures out that they've blown it on the connector and make a new cable, you'll be able to replace it.

Edited by TMoney