All the kids love the W A 5

postjack

I'm torn between complete indifference and couldn't care less. Whoopdedo, another 6SN7 300B amp, to go with the other 10,000 6SN7 300B amps. Give me something different like the Wavelength Audio designs, which use fun tubes like the 6C45Pi and WE437A to drive the 300B.

There's a reason why they call the 6sn7 the campbell's soup of tubes

Just in off the wire! the WA5 makes philodox semi-erect in the penis, meanwhile jpak is learning to fly like the foo fighters song b/c the amp inspires him much like the foo fighters song inspires its listeners.

aerius doesn't give a shit. it is possible aerius has not actually seen the amp in pictures yet. stay tuned to the postjack factor, after the break geraldo is showing up to weigh in on the W A 5. no spin, fair and balanced!! geraldo!

:dance:

Just in off the wire! the WA5 makes philodox semi-erect in the penis, meanwhile jpak is learning to fly like the foo fighters song b/c the amp inspires him much like the foo fighters song inspires its listeners.

aerius doesn't give a shit. it is possible aerius has not actually seen the amp in pictures yet. stay tuned to the postjack factor, after the break geraldo is showing up to weigh in on the W A 5. no spin, fair and balanced!! geraldo!

:dance:

God damn that was a shitty NIN song I was making fun of :(

God damn that was a shitty NIN song I was making fun of :(

sorry jpak, the postjack factor is a no spin zone.

*cuts jpak's mic*

see jpak is a koolaid drinking secular progressive, and we just catch him and his left wing nutso friends in their lies.

bring me a fact to back it up jpak, ONE FACT, and we can talk again on the factor.

Foo Fighters, okay? OK...

Anyway, got hungry reporting back in, says the W A 5 still looks great, thanks for keeping us posted. and somebody reminded us the 6sn7 is the "campbell's soup" of tubes. I can't confirm this yet, but we have our people on it...

I'm torn between complete indifference and couldn't care less. Whoopdedo, another 6SN7 300B amp, to go with the other 10,000 6SN7 300B amps. Give me something different like the Wavelength Audio designs, which use fun tubes like the 6C45Pi and WE437A to drive the 300B.

So you're fine with the AudioValve RKV, which utilizes the antiquitous (anti-ubiquitous) PCL805/PCL85/18GV8, which used to usually be used in televisions?

Haha, that was pretty much my thoughts too. I'm not about to speculate on the sound given I haven't heard it but it's hard to get overly excited just based on the tube choices. I do think Mr Woo does a great job of building amps though.

ubiquity or not, i bet it sounds good.

Well the 300B is a nice sounding tube. Utterly insane to tuberoll, though. Gotta try those NOS first generation WE 300As.

Of course amplifier designers could just use a less well known tube that costs far less and sounds about as good, but we all need those thermionic baubles.

Hello

I tried it out... imaging was seriously lacking (even my zd has a better soundstage), it felt very very very very very tubey (in a bad way). other than that, it has great power, excellent tone, and an amazing ability to drive things. I heard all these K1000 guys rave about it at the meet.... but i can't understand how anyone would want to fuzz up the superb imaging of the K1000, especially after hearing what the F1 can do for it.

and the sources they used at the international meet for the K1000 amps were jokes... i wouldn't take them as true meters of how well the F1 can perform.