KSC75s for a friend

riceboy

I finally did it. I ordered those things with a Koss Porta Pro for a friend's B-day. He like's his Shure e2c so I thought to introduce him to the KSC75s and portapros. The portapros were my first high end can when I was just 10 or 11. Back in the day it was those foam earpads for the walkman's. In any case, I never heard the KSC75s which is pretty funny since I owned: HD 650 w/SD v2, HD600, HD595, HD580, AKG 701, SR225, DT990, D2000, ATH-EC7, Koss Porta Pro, Sony MDR-V6, ER-4P, Shure E500PTH, e5c. But now I own: Grado HP-2, GS1000, RS1, HF-1 #248, 325i, SR60 w/copper grills, ER-4S, Shure e2c, ATH-W1000 (soon), ATH-ES7, Koss PortaPro, Sony MDR-M44, Sony MDR-EX51LP, Sony MDR-NC11. I ordered a KSC75 for myself as well to check them out. I'm kind of excited to listen to those KSC75s. It's by far the cheapest can I brought so far at 15.99 from Amazon with free shipping.

How many of you heard the KSC75s? I heard they are a great value for the price.

I'll post impressions when I get them in. I went free shipping and sometimes to Hawaii you get lucky with UPS :)

I've bought the KSC-75 for one of those random gift exchange things at a Christmas party 2 years back. So I never actually got a chance to hear them. And of course the idiot new owner was like: "oh, I already have BOSE headphones". I was like: "try these, they should sound better", but I bet the guy threw em in the trash soon as he got home ::) This was in a neighborhood where all the folks were pretty well-off ($1mil+ houses), and I suppose quite likely to own lots of Bose shit. I should've known better.

On the other hand I've bought 2 sets of PortaPros as a gift for a coworker & his wife; those went over VERY well. The guy also happens to be a musician and he really appreciates the sound quality; still uses the all the time, now 3 years later.

I use the PP's myself at work. They're good and I don't feel the need for anything better here.

ah yes, the guy who reached 1500 posts at the other site in two months...yippee

see reks, we can still be mean. :)

Laine I use the KSC75s in my "portable rig" (1g shuffle -> ksc75). I think they are great phones for $11. Kind of fakey sounding, Big's description as "metallic" sounds about right, but they have a nice midbass thump and this moves them along nicely. The fit is fantastic, just clip 'em and forget 'em. Great for running. I've never heard the 35/Portapros, I should give them a shot.

see reks, we can still be mean. :)

Laine I use the KSC75s in my "portable rig" (1g shuffle -> ksc75). I think they are great phones for $11. Kind of fakey sounding, Big's description as "metallic" sounds about right, but they have a nice midbass thump and this moves them along nicely. The fit is fantastic, just clip 'em and forget 'em. Great for running. I've never heard the 35/Portapros, I should give them a shot.

Thanks for the impressions. I'm gonna try em for running for sure. I'm curious about the 35 as well. I like the Portapros, they also have a nice midbass thump and metallic sounding highs.