Hello everyone...add my name to the list

F1GTR

Howdy people. Looks like you'll have a real forum here. I want to say thank you very much to postjack for informing me of this site. Much appreciated sir.

It's officially time to add my name to the list of head-fi banees. What a relief to finally be permanently banned from that fucking fascist joke. It's painfully obvious they've been going downhill for well over two years and nothing is going to change that. Elrod-tom and DanG, if you're reading this, once again go fuck yourselves royally, especially you Tom you reject fatass. Man that feels good.

I look foward to hanging out here regularly. I hope I'm welcomed here. It will be nice to have a place where opinions can actually be stated without being mysteriously deleted and whisked away to never never land.

Who may I thank for creating this lovely place?

Ryan

I'd like to know too. I also was relieved when I finally was banned from there. I like headphones and music and that was, at the time, the only place I knew of to read about gear in relation to music. Then in a google search for the terms banned and head-fi I can across this place and I've been broke ever since; but from buying music and not gear which isn't stressed enough over on head-fi. You should check the stickied "what are you listing to right now" thread in the music section. There is a ton of great music that you may not have heard. I never used the same thread a head-fi because I always felt like I had to weed through so much mud to get to the truffles. Alrighty, my long winded ramble is starting to get mean spirited so I'll just cut myself off here and just say "welcome".

me and Tkam, with some input from the first, oh 10, members. and Jude, we can't forget Jude. if not for him, we wouldn't be here. ;) we've more or less moved beyond mere head-fi bashing, but out of curiosity, what did you get banned for?

They've had it out for me for quite some time now. I've been on their shitlist for probably over a year and they were just hoping and praying for the slightest little enfringement so they could officially give me the boot.

Late last night before heading to bed I created a thread in the Member's Lounge concerning this article about an arctic ice cap twice the size of the UK melting in the last week. Apparently an environmental issue affecting everyone is construed as political in their fascist realm.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/sep/04/climatechange

The thread had five replies in under ten minutes and then poof it was gone from the main page with no explanation. Each time I've posted something "controversial" according to head-fi standards I've at least been notified as to why it was being pulled, but not this time. DanG and his stupid fucking cigar deleted it. He was the only moderator logged in at the time. So as a personal fuck you I posted the thread once again. This time it stayed up for at least 30 minutes, but I went on to bed after that. This morning I get up and go to log in and it says the usual "F1GTR logging in" but then takes me to a screen where it says "banned" and date lifted: never.

So then I check my email and I find this patronizing bullshit in that oh so typical head-fi fashion. I love the "I hope you can understand" line.

Ryan,

You have been permanently banned from Head-Fi following your posting of a political thread. You've repeatedly broken the rules at Head-Fi, you have been warned many times (most recently just one month ago, specifically about politics), and you've even been temporarily banned on one occasion. If the moderating staff had thought that another temporary ban would result in the cessation of your violations, we would have taken that action. But as the previous warnings and ban were not sufficient, we felt the only effective recourse available to us was a permanent ban.

I hope you can understand our position and the reason behind this final action.

Sincerely,

DanG

Moderator, Head-Fi.org

So I kindly replied with a very cordial fuck off thank you note and here I am. Muchos gracias to you, Tkam, and the ten others.

Welcome to head-case Ryan! :)

There are some very knowledgable folks around here who are remarkably patient and helpful. So lather on the thick skin and stick around, we all stand to learn a lot from each other.

Thanks man. I sincerely apologize for never getting back to you on that last PM you sent me over there. I appreciated your input on the subject.

You should check the stickied "what are you listing to right now" thread in the music section. There is a ton of great music that you may not have heard. I never used the same thread a head-fi because I always felt like I had to weed through so much mud to get to the truffles. Alrighty, my long winded ramble is starting to get mean spirited so I'll just cut myself off here and just say "welcome".

Thanks for the tip and the welcome. I'll look it over. I know exactly what you mean by wading through the muck on head-fi. Too many 14 year olds joining over the last two years taking away from any substance the forum used to have "back in the day".

So has GoRedwings19 found this place yet? I missed Mikey over at head-fi. Has anyone spoken to him in the past year? What about you Reks? I remember you two were tight when he had you lend me those HP2's that one time.

I guess I can take you off my Ingnore list over there now. Though to be honest, I can't even remember why you went on there. :shrug: The joys of the ignore list.

Excellent. I was probably pissed off at something that had to do with that place and made a blanket statement you may have taken offense to. I remember you from over there and know that nothing I said was ever directed at you.

Many people confused my screenname there as a play on the word FIGHTER, which I didn't even realize until a few months ago when someone called me that in a thread. Funny thing is that it has nothing to do with that, although I can obviously now see it. F1 stands for Formula 1 as I've been a huge fan since 1993 and the GTR is for the McLaren GTR which in 2004, when I registered at head-fi, was one of the cars I was currently obssessing about.

he was one of the founding members here, but he has pretty much dropped off the map. i talked to him a couple months ago online, but that was about it. i think he is just really busy.

Ok cool. I was hoping he was still reachable at times. Hopefully he'll drop by from time to time.

I like how melting ice caps fall under political banner. I believe that george bush won his second election swaying the ice caps to vote for him. Now that they're melting I don't think they'll such a strong presence so perhaps we'll get a democrat in office next election.

Yeah it really is interesting seeing head-fi's interpretation of what they deem to be unsuitable. It literally changes on a daily basis and is clearly specific to the user in question.

I'm probably going to give my vote to Ron Paul this year but I'm all for seeing a Democrat take office as long as it isn't Hillary. Obama's got the "Oprah factor" kicking for him now so that should definitely give him an advantage.

Yeah it really is interesting seeing head-fi's interpretation of what they deem to be unsuitable. It literally changes on a daily basis and is clearly specific to the user in question.

I'm probably going to give my vote to Ron Paul this year but I'm all for seeing a Democrat take office as long as it isn't Hillary. Obama's got the "Oprah factor" kicking for him now so that should definitely give him an advantage.

I was just horsing around. I could care less who gets elected; I've never voted nor ever plan to.