Balancing a vinyl rig

postjack

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try unplugging one of the PCA-2's balanced outputs

Marc whatever you were thinking was right, the buzzing stops when I unplug the subwoofers from the PCA-2's second pair of balanced outputs.

What does this mean, and will I need to leave my subs unplugged until I want to listen to them? In any case that's far more simple for me.

Marc whatever you were thinking was right, the buzzing stops when I unplug the subwoofers from the PCA-2's second pair of balanced outputs.

What does this mean, and will I need to leave my subs unplugged until I want to listen to them? In any case that's far more simple for me.

Elementary my dear Watson...

Can you run an unbalanced output from the PCA-2 to the subwoofer?

Yes absolutely. The PCA-2 has 2 sets of SE outputs as well, and the subs have RCA inputs too. I'll get Scott to make me some SE ICs. Thanks for your help!

no problem! I'm assuming that the "yes" means you tried it and it worked, not that it has the outputs and you're going to buy some interconnects to see if it might work?

Uhm no I haven't tried it. I don't have any SE ICs. But my buddy Scott will take it easy on me. O0

well, perhaps I instilled too much confidence in you, young grasshopper. It's just a guess after all. you could also try taking that Y splitter that caused the problem in dallas (provided it's the right gender) and sticking both outputs off one jack.