DIY chassis work

hYdrociTy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but their chassis kick the f'ing bag out of stuff this side of the pond.

I'm not sure I can afford to deal with them yet, unfortunately. Need to do some serious mock up and see how things might fit.

Oh snap. Isn't that hexateq? The company that makes AMAZINGLY beautiful and expensive cases? They look soooo darn nice. :dance:

I remember their prices were omgwtfbbq. But I think they're still worth it if you have the money.

~$400 + shipping? Hmm.... O0:angel::dance:

Oh my goodness; the switch, posts, jacks, and power jack all look fabulous as well.

Their custom labeling also looks sweet!

http://www.hexateq-av.com/enclosure_configuration.html

Like I said, not sure I can swing it yet. But if it's between that and using 2 par metals chassis I'm sorry, this is probably one of the last amps that I'll build for myself. It's going to look the business.

You know I'm busting balls.

I do, just playing the part of the indignant DIY'er. :)

Parts have been paid for... now awaiting for arrival, and I still have to order the cable parts.

Anything I can help with, I've got a bit of a stock pile of sleeving and shrink, assuming you're ok with basic black.

I do, just playing the part of the indignant DIY'er. :)

Anything I can help with, I've got a bit of a stock pile of sleeving and shrink, assuming you're ok with basic black.

Thanks for the offer.. the cable will be just your run of the mill mini mogami -> neutrik 1/4" I think I can handle $15 in parts ;)

UNLESS... you have nylon multi filament sleeving.. then maybe we can tlak turkey because it would save me (expensive) shipping from another vendor.

Thanks for the offer.. the cable will be just your run of the mill mini mogami -> neutrik 1/4" I think I can handle $15 in parts ;)

UNLESS... you have nylon multi filament sleeving.. then maybe we can tlak turkey because it would save me (expensive) shipping from another vendor.

Only a couple hundred feet of it. :) I've got 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 I think.

The cable that I did for DigiPete last night was to strip the jacket and shield off of 2534, run it through 3/16" multifilament and leave a bit exposed at each end so he can terminate it and rewire some cans with it. Ends up being a nice, flexible headphone cable. I'm going to try doing a similar trick with mini-mogami and 1/8 MF, should be a [cartman]sweeeeeet![/cartman]

Only a couple hundred feet of it. :) I've got 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 I think.

The cable that I did for DigiPete last night was to strip the jacket and shield off of 2534, run it through 3/16" multifilament and leave a bit exposed at each end so he can terminate it and rewire some cans with it. Ends up being a nice, flexible headphone cable. I'm going to try doing a similar trick with mini-mogami and 1/8 MF, should be a [cartman]sweeeeeet![/cartman]

That is pretty much the plan for my cable. Does the 1/8" fit the best?

That is pretty much the plan for my cable. Does the 1/8" fit the best?

Haven't tried 1/8 on mini Mogami yet, but 1/8" doesn't fit over standard 2534 Mogami well at all. Someone with infinite patience might be able to do it but that isn't me and the 3/16" was able to tighten down onto the cable nicely. Or at least Pete like the sample that I sent him enough to convince me to do a 10' run of it. If you want 10' or so of the 1/8" just shoot me a PM.

There's this thing called a shoelace, available for a buck at the dollar store. The ones for athletic shoes and hockey skates are hollow inside so you can thread a cable right through them as seen on this page.

Haven't tried 1/8 on mini Mogami yet, but 1/8" doesn't fit over standard 2534 Mogami well at all. Someone with infinite patience might be able to do it but that isn't me and the 3/16" was able to tighten down onto the cable nicely. Or at least Pete liked the sample that I sent him enough to convince me to do a 10' run of it. If you want 10' or so of the 1/8" just shoot me a PM.

schweeeeeeet :dance: