Stuck Pixel on my HDTV!

Chekhonte

Watching 2001 today I noticed a powder blue stuck pixel on my tv for the first time. I've tried every type of method to remove it with no luck. I've tried using a rapid color cycling program, tapping it with a pen cap lightly, and applying light pressure when the tv is off and then turning it on. I'm so OCD that I may just have to burn the tv now and get a new one. Are there any methods that I haven't tried yet that you know of? :mikey2:

Watching 2001 today I noticed a powder blue stuck pixel on my tv for the first time. I've tried every type of method to remove it with no luck. I've tried using a rapid color cycling program, tapping it with a pen cap lightly, and applying light pressure when the tv is off and then turning it on. I'm so OCD that I may just have to burn the tv now and get a new one. Are there any methods that I haven't tried yet that you know of? :mikey2:
Sounds broken -- take it in to get it fixed.

No, having one stuck pixel doesn't fall under warrenty. No manufacturers consider that to be a failure. I can't remember the exact amount but it takes a lot of stuck or dead pixels for a manufacturer to replace your screen.

Yup, you don't want to know how expensive those panels would be if they were required to have 100% perfect pixels. Sorry to hear that you've got a stuck one.

I started sitting farther back and even though I can still see it durring black scenes I've gotten used to it enough to where I'm not staring at it durring the whole movie. If I'm luck it'll go away after a while like other stuck pixels I've had on my LCD monitor. I"m going to keep a color flashing program on at all times when I'm at work in hopes to remedy it.

Yup, you don't want to know how expensive those panels would be if they were required to have 100% perfect pixels. Sorry to hear that you've got a stuck one.
Are you serious? That sucks. With the amount of money spent on those things, you'd think they'd be able to get it right. Isn't it just a memory location in the controller? Or is it the LCD itself?

Are you serious? That sucks. With the amount of money spent on those things, you'd think they'd be able to get it right. Isn't it just a memory location in the controller? Or is it the LCD itself?

As far as I understand it the problem is the transistors. And the real problem is that they can't test for bad pixels until the display is complete and at that point the only option is to approve it for use or toss it completely. If they rejected every display that had a bad pixel (hot, dead, colored, whatever) prices would be significantly higher.

Yeezh.

It's one of the big reasons to avoid LCD HDTV's. Most manufacturers accept that there may be multiple bad pixels in a given display and will not warranty them as defective. At least my Sony, which uses three small LCDs simultaneously is more forgiving since if one color goes bad it'll be masked by the other two.

stuck pixels aren't nearly as big of a deal, any more, as the tech has become more refined. out of the 150 19" LCDs we ordered at work last year, i've seen 2 stuck pixels. considering how many millions of transistors there are in that batch, i consider it to be a very good rate of defect. sure, it sucks when you get a stuck pixel, but it doesn't happen all that much any more.
Yeah, I guess when you say it like that -- that it's much less important in HDTV, especially if it's post- line-doubling -- ...I guess. I still wouldn't want it, myself, though. It's a lot easier for you to say, not having to look at them every day. Do you still think you'd feel that way if you owned it yourself? I tell you whut -- I'd be counting pixels, if it were me.