Where can I get an NOS PowerMac G5 with PowerPC?

Does anyone know where I can get an old powermac g5 that still has the ibm chips and not the intel chips? The place where my mom works uses the old powermacs and they dont want to upgrade to the newer macs since they dont sync well with the older version of illustrator (not sure about this) and they dont want to buy the newer illustrator since it costs like $1000.

If anyone knows, it would be very awesome

I thought virginia tech bought like a thousand g5's to build a supercomputer a few years ago. I believe right after they did that they were like oh snap apple soon released a rackmount version! (pure genious on vt's part) Then they had a big selloff. See if they have some left an will sell you a few lol. They probably dont have hard drives and video card and things like that though.

I thought virginia tech bought like a thousand g5's to build a supercomputer a few years ago. I believe right after they did that they were like oh snap apple soon released a rackmount version! (pure genious on vt's part) Then they had a big selloff. See if they have some left an will sell you a few lol. They probably dont have hard drives and video card and things like that though.

Those sold off almost immediately, came with hard drives and video cards, and sold for more than va tech paid for them...yah, boy, they sure did get taken by apple.

• 1 month later...