Insomnia.. omg what I do

Nenso

I need to quit this stupid sleeplessness i got from studying wednesday after doing an all nighter.. omg help.. I cannot sleep.. -_-

Actually I can, but its hard. anyone have any suggestions?

If there is one thing I learned this is.. that is WILL POWER.. u can do anything possible with it as long as you try, so I can still wake up and go on with my daily activities without fatigue at all but it has to stop today.

I've ended insomnia easily just by sleeping and closing my eyes.. but just wondering how you guys treat it? ^_^:kitty:

This is all a dream. You are not posting in a rogue internet headphone-to-speaker-group-conversion-forum about your insomnia in a vague attempt to show off your studious habits and youthful energy to the old fogeys that drift 'round these parts.

You are actually a Teen Pop Star lying on the streets of Vancouver with a mystery fluid all over the sidewalk around your face because you had a long night of sex with multiple ripe-like-a-peach, down-for-almost-anything, not-quite-15 partners while guzzling on alcohol and Beard Papa's Fresh 'n Natural Cream Puffs. Your limousine driver and backup groupies are slightly worried about you.

You are actually a Teen Pop Star lying on the streets of Vancouver with a mystery fluid all over the sidewalk around your face because you had a long night of sex with multiple ripe-like-a-peach, down-for-almost-anything, not-quite-15 partners while guzzling on alcohol and Beard Papa's Fresh 'n Natural Cream Puffs. Your limousine driver and backup groupies are slightly worried about you.

Wow, it just moved (George Costanza line). . . . Although I sub'd in "not-quite-20"........, the ripe-like-a-peach part (better than cream puffs.... 8~)) will surely just keep him up.

Signed,

One of the old fogeys

This is all a dream. You are not posting in a rogue internet headphone-to-speaker-group-conversion-forum about your insomnia in a vague attempt to show off your studious habits and youthful energy to the old fogeys that drift 'round these parts.

LOL YEA RIGHT.. wtf messed up story lol.. leave me alone.. just saying..I'm a good kid ok? ^_^

"You are actually a... Star" Hydrocity: hmm, talking about urself? lol

Also.. i don't take drugs wtf.. and I swim, walk, bike around my neighbourhood for no reason sometimes.... etc.. -_- and I don't even live in downtown.. plus it isnt that scary in Vancouver.. its such a peaceful and nice place imho

I should've known better not to post anything ???

Also.. i don't take drugs wtf.. and I swim, walk, bike around my neighbourhood for no reason sometimes.... etc.. -_- and I don't even live in downtown.. plus it isnt that scary in Vancouver.. its such a peaceful and nice place imho

You mentioned studying, which is why I mentioned speed. Adderall, Ritalin, etc. All that shit will keep you awake, even if the effects seem to have long worn off.

Still, regular aerobic exercise is my best suggestion. Get that heart racing with some biking or running 30 minutes a day.

You mentioned studying, which is why I mentioned speed. Adderall, Ritalin, etc. All that shit will keep you awake, even if the effects seem to have long worn off.

Still, regular aerobic exercise is my best suggestion. Get that heart racing with some biking or running 30 minutes a day.

Thanks for the advice.. I guess I only bike a few times a week, not everyday... I don't really like drinking energy drinks/coffee unless I really have to.. which is almost never.. cause to me.. I think of it as "borrowing energy".. One gains energy temporary; however, once the effects wear off.. the person has to pay the "interest fee" for borrowing that energy which makes one ultra tired etc.. not fun.. lol

About studying.. it was only for a week.. >.< I don't really need to pull allnighters for studying.. its just that I didn't sleep until pretty late during that time

5-HTP isn't a drug, it's a natural supplement. It comes in 50mg and 100mg doses, and you can take up to 150mg per 24 hour period (I think).

Also, quit being a spaz. I'm not name-calling here, I'm actually being kind of sincere -- I'm a bit of a spaz, myself, and have gone through great bouts of both insomnia, and ainmosni (== waking up at 3am [or whatever] and not being able to get back to sleep). When I was at my most calm (practiced meditation, exercised, minimized my caffeine and sugar intake, had no job, school, nor family worries), was also when I had this problem the least.

I've ended insomnia easily just by sleeping and closing my eyes.. but just wondering how you guys treat it? ^_^:kitty:

Patience, masses of patience, really huge colossal mountains of patience, my sleep pattern rotates (adding or subtracting several hours a day from the spot at which I can sleep) so with patience it will eventually reach the right time again and will stabilise there until the next upset.

I'm glad I'm patient, if I wasn't I'd be (more) stark raving bonkers by now :kitty:

Watching the early dawn light helps to reset my body clock. Avoidance of sugar, caffeine (soft drinks, tea, coffee, redbull, chocolate etc.) is also a good idea. If your fond of exercise do some as that will help you to be tired at the right time.

I heard anecdotal evidence that cabbage has a soporific effect (the story of peter rabbit) and have personally found skin contact with lavender oil in water to induce sleep.

Aside from all that, as you are awake at uncommon hours you may as well make the most of it see what goes on during those times :)