Any Red Sox fans here?

Salt Peanuts

I have relatives in Boston so I've always liked the Red Sox. It also helps that I hate the Yankees :).

It's too bad my hometown team the Pirates are in a perpetual state of being shitty. I don't see that changing anytime soon, but I do know that Mark Cuban (he's a pittsburgh native) wants to buy the team. Unfortunately the current crappy ownership doesn't want to sell for some reason.

It does help that they have the second largest payroll in the majors - the main reason I get annoyed when other Red Sox fans whine about the Yankees spending so much.

I really do wish they'd spend money on making the Fenway more comfortable, though.

Die :D

I take it you're not a Red Sox Fan? >:D

It does help that they have the second largest payroll in the majors - the main reason I get annoyed when other Red Sox fans whine about the Yankees spending so much.

I really do wish they'd spend money on making the Fenway more comfortable, though.

I take it you're not a Red Sox Fan? >:D

What gave you that idea ;)

Ive lived in North Jersey just about all my life :D

GO YANKS!!!!

Man, I'd get my membership stripped if they find out that I've done business with a Yankees fan. LOL.

Hopefully, they'll continue to play well and win the Division for a change.

GO YANKS!!!

I can never make it through and entire baseball game... too long and boring for me... its just fun to mess with whiney little baby sox fans.

I think everyone will agree that MA and especially the Bostan area sucks :D

Hey!

But yes, watching a die hard Sox fan and a die hard Yankees fan argue is rather entertaining. I'm a fan, but not a die hard one. Not a Mass native either.

I don't remember the last time I've actually gone to a game to watch the whole thing.

I simply can't stand the Red Sox. I also can't stand how people cant get over calling the Yankees the "Evil Empire" cause they have the biggest payroll when the Red Sox have the second biggest. :mikey2: :mikey2: :mikey2:

I'm a Twins fan personally. (And I hate David Ortiz. Played like shit when he played for us, then goes off to the Sox for a big paycheck and now he's hitting home runs again. Fuck him.)

I'm a Twins fan personally. (And I hate David Ortiz. Played like shit when he played for us, then goes off to the Sox for a big paycheck and now he's hitting home runs again. Fuck him.)

Correction - it's not that he didn't playe well, but your team didn't give him enough at bats since your management thought he couldn't hit well enough to be an every day player. Some players just do better when given a chance to play every day.Also, the original contract that he signed with Red Sox was a very, very modest one, relatively speaking.

Correction - it's not that he didn't playe well, but your team didn't give him enough at bats since your management thought he couldn't hit well enough to be an every day player. Some players just do better when given a chance to play every day.Also, the original contract that he signed with Red Sox was a very, very modest one, relatively speaking.

That's true, but I think that he could have produced with the amount of bats that we gave him. And it's not like he didn't have opportunities either...the way I feel about him is actually quite a shared opinion amongst many Twins fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile the mets just won their 7th straight... :o

if the Mets still had Jae Seo, I'd still go to games. as it was, the last game i went to was with Pedro on the mound for the Mets versus the Astros, and he generated 2 runs with his bat to help himself to a 5-1 masterpiece. Electric.

if the Mets still had Jae Seo, I'd still go to games. as it was, the last game i went to was with Pedro on the mound for the Mets versus the Astros, and he generated 2 runs with his bat to help himself to a 5-1 masterpiece. Electric.

Dude I know! I'm still so pissed that they traded him, he's far better than Victor Zambrano... ::) I'd much rather see them start Heilman.

• 2 weeks later...

what the heck are the Mets still doing on top of the Division this late in the season? haven't we played 30+ games already? i guess they might be the real deal...if they get rid of zambrano and get seo back! :laugh:

Zambrano's out for the season at least! They have to start Heilman! It was meant to be! I hate seeing him being wasted in the bullpen, especially when Duaner Sanchez is unhittable.

what the heck are the Mets still doing on top of the Division this late in the season?

The same thing the Red Sox has been doing for the past few years (except for 2004) - do really well early to keep the hope afloat in order to crush it down as the season winds down.

The same thing the Red Sox has been doing for the past few years (except for 2004) - do really well early to keep the hope afloat in order to crush it down as the season winds down.

and just like 2000 in the world series for the Mets, and, hmm, forever except for one shining day in beantown, it's those damn yankees that crush em! argh! at least i get to giggle about the team that crushed my poor Phillies - stupid toronto.