Any hockey fans?

GPH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only two I'm pretty confident about are the Wings and Sens. And the give away Habs series.

Good thing I can edit posts when my predictions fail miserably >:D

I hope you're right about the sens, but really, the odds of that lousy team winning again before fall are slim :)

There was an entire section of people who got mohawks and free tickets from a radio station. It was awesome.

My kid and I had a blast at the game. You have to love a 5-4 hockey game where the outcome is decided late in the 3rd. That building was so damn loud.

Only drawback was at some point during hte day, I lost the hat I'd bought. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the thread but Blues fan here. (hangs head)

Having retrospect, the Senns were a real disappointment. The Pens looked good. Of course the goaltending will have to make a reputation of itself to compete for the cup. I hope they do good.

The West is playing a physical round. Whoever comes out of the west may not be able to keep up with a Pens/Canadians foe. I suspect either the Wings or Sharks come out of the west. The caveat with the Wings being if the old goaltending can bear the grueling schedule.

As to no love for hockey in the states, its a lot cheaper to play baseball or basketball than hockey. Hockey is Canada's national sport and Baseball is America's (although football is the uncrowned national sport). Its hard to claim the National Felons League with image and all. You can play whiffle, cork & bottletops with two, three for Indianball. Anyway, I think hockey is a very complex sport and needs ice. Ice time down here is expensive. Even winter gives only a few states the opportunity to play on free ice. I played roller hockey and its not the same as playing on ice.

2432627456_4b5bd5a1d1.jpg

OK, shouldn't have ended in 7, but the Bruins played good hockey and controlled Montreal attack except for game 1 and 7. Now, let's hope the Caps lose their next game so we can meet the Flyers instead of the Rangers (sorry grawk ;))

2432627456_4b5bd5a1d1.jpg

OK, shouldn't have ended in 7, but the Bruins played good hockey and controlled Montreal attack except for game 1 and 7. Now, let's hope the Caps lose their next game so we can meet the Flyers instead of the Rangers (sorry grawk ;))

I understand why you're scared of the rangers

My prediction is the Habs get knocked out next round.

My prediction is that you'll be right if the Habs continue to get dominated physically like they did against the Bruins. Guys like Plekanec, Streit and Kostitsyn don't like to get hurt in the corners, but that's how you win playoffs so the better start to play like real men or we'll get our ass whipped by Philadelphia or New York.

My prediction is that you'll be right if the Habs continue to get dominated physically like they did against the Bruins. Guys like Plekanec, Streit and Kostitsyn don't like to get hurt in the corners, but that's how you win playoffs so the better start to play like real men or we'll get our ass whipped by Philadelphia or New York.

I think Montreal can beat New York, and I like to think that Philadelphia has someone else taking them out tonight :).

New York isn't a rough and tumble team. They're a finicky offensive team filled with big egos. When they're all working together, they're great, when things go wrong, they collapse. Boston's a tougher team than New York. If Montreal dictates the pace of the series, they'll win.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, Detroit got the lead and could play d. They are so good in all facet . Pitt has some decisions to make for next year but you have to really like what they put together this year.

And as I type this, the Pens poke their head above the coffin lid and score to make it 3-2. One last gasp.

Sweet dreams.

Congrats Detroit fans.