Firefox 3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to beta5 or the release candidates? None that I can see.

Same here as Todd mentioned about Firefox in beta 5 or the RC it looks the same. But I read that there was quite a bit of fixes, including more tweaking on memory utilization.

Like Jpak mentioned as well I do like the new interface as well.

Firefox 3 for Mac is really nice looking, quite a few cosmetic changes for the better. I'll give it a try over the next few days but I think I might still prefer Camino, mainly because of keychain integration and a few other things. Firefox 3's smooth scrolling also doesn't reach Safari level yet.

i switched bck with early alpha :), I like where they've gone

Same here Grawk. When Firefox came on the scene and they started to get the browser market share, it made Microsoft actually work on the aging IE6. Now we are here and IE7 eats more memory than Firefox 3 and they are working on IE8. IMHO, it's great when a company makes the big guys better their product :)

whoa, the times they are a changin'.

Glad to see all my add-ons are still working :)

Not sure I dig the gigantic back button. Very function > form. I'll probably love it in a week though.

I just noticed when I drag an image in Flickr to the URL window, it drags a semi transparent copy with the mouse arrow :P

Too bad you can't figure out how to use the non-double post plugin ;)

Not sure I dig the gigantic back button.

I think in the world of ultra-high resolution displays that a little extra size on a commonly used button probably isn't a bad thing. I don't find it intrusive, just obvious.

Anyone know if this most recent version supports anything like gestures?